Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could 2012 get any worse?

Unhappy Could 2012 get any worse?

Hi all, I thought I'd drop by and say hello to you all after being away from the site for a while. Unfortunately the sale of my house fell through at the last minute and I am back to square one again. This of course happened after most of the house contents were removed (including my DVDs for sale)

I was just about convinced that 2012 wasn't going to be so bad after all and then this happened.

Has anyone else had their house sale fall through like this? What did you do, how did you cope?

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Could 2012 get any worse?

Wow, I'm truly sorry to hear this. Can't say I have much experience with house sales as I've never owned a house (apt. dweller), but I'm sure there are others who will have some advice.

Hang in there and hugs,

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

So sorry to hear that. It must be heartbreaking. Were all your possessions in storage?

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Wow, I'm truly sorry to hear this. Can't say I have much experience with house sales as I've never owned a house (apt. dweller), but I'm sure there are others who will have some advice.

Hang in there and hugs,
    Thanks Sue, times like this I wish I had never taken the plunge and bought in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    So sorry to hear that. It must be heartbreaking. Were all your possessions in storage?
    Thanks, yes it truly is heartbreaking. I was moving back to my parents house so most of my stuff is there. Only the bare essentials were left behind.

Join eBid.net today here

I think you will find every one has a story about ups and downs in life. It goes with the territory.....Think positive. Maybe next week you will get an offer for more! This year is actually pretty lucrative for me. Have a sweet contract in the oil field. I should actually list something for sale. Came looking to spread the wealth and got caught up reading the forums. Its a curse I tell ya. lol Well I would say things are getting really bad when you are not here to complain anymore........... Best wishes all for big sales. Mike across the pond from you Brits. Oh blimey hell, I will get flak for not calling you people the right name. Is it English, Scottish, Brits, British I can never keep track of it properly. (sorry about murdering the English language, I am a canuck as you all know.)

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    Thanks Sue, times like this I wish I had never taken the plunge and bought in the first place.

Thanks, yes it truly is heartbreaking. I was moving back to my parents house so most of my stuff is there. Only the bare essentials were left behind.
    That does stink, getting to that point myself with this long unemployment, though I've always wanted to have my own house, think it's more a pipe dream these days than anything else.

Hang in there and hugs,

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    Hi all, I thought I'd drop by and say hello to you all after being away from the site for a while. Unfortunately the sale of my house fell through at the last minute and I am back to square one again. This of course happened after most of the house contents were removed (including my DVDs for sale)

I was just about convinced that 2012 wasn't going to be so bad after all and then this happened.

Has anyone else had their house sale fall through like this? What did you do, how did you cope?
    House-selling is extremely stressful and many of us have been there. Look at the silver lining: your house is even more sellable in a minimalist state, it will look bigger, airier, brighter. It will be easy to keep clean, It will feel like camping for a bit, but you should find it simpler to sell this time round. And then, try not to commit to anything further until the legal situation is rock solid.

On the lighter side, picture me here in a flat in Cornwall living with several hundred books and one small bookcase, because I gave away all the others when I was convinced I was moving to a canal barge. next.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    I think you will find every one has a story about ups and downs in life. It goes with the territory.....Think positive. Maybe next week you will get an offer for more!
    Thanks Canuckbid, will try to be positive about it.

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    That does stink, getting to that point myself with this long unemployment, though I've always wanted to have my own house, think it's more a pipe dream these days than anything else.

Hang in there and hugs,
    Sorry to hear that you're still unemployed Sue. There is a huge unemployment problem in Ireland too with seemingly no prospects for many people, that really sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    House-selling is extremely stressful and many of us have been there. Look at the silver lining: your house is even more sellable in a minimalist state, it will look bigger, airier, brighter. It will be easy to keep clean, It will feel like camping for a bit, but you should find it simpler to sell this time round. And then, try not to commit to anything further until the legal situation is rock solid.

On the lighter side, picture me here in a flat in Cornwall living with several hundred books and one small bookcase, because I gave away all the others when I was convinced I was moving to a canal barge. next.
    Hi Kim, yes it does fell a bit like camping at the moment. There are tax incentives for house buyers here until the end of the year so if it isn't gone by then it probably won't sell at all. Bloody world economy!

Wow, the books really put things into perspective lol.

On a brighter note I will be bringing back some of my DVDs and office equipment today and start selling on eBid again on a limited basis. I was doing well here before I put up the holiday notice so hopefully it will pick up once again.

Join eBid.net today here

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi David
    Nice to see you back again but so sorry about your news. There are a lot of positive thoughts here for you to think about and I can't think of adding to them other than to say "when one door shuts...."
    I just wanted to say hello again as it's been a while. So hello!

Thanks for your kind words Elizabeth, I will try and keep the sunny side out

Join eBid.net today here

Thread Information