eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No refund from seller!!

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: No refund from seller!!

"and despite their buyer protection program, this program does not extend to other sites like eBid. I have even seen some top high street names offer paypal as a payment method and PayPal's payment protection does not extend to them like it does not extend to here on eBid."

WRONG

That changed over a year and a half ago
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyKrafts View Post
    No, I don't like this instant invoicing either - bought two items from the same seller at the weekend, the seller offered postal discount for multiple items but the invoice that came automatically showed the full postage TWICE. I did ignore this and emailed the seller who sent combined invoice but any newbie might not be savvy to this and pay straight away thus paying more postage than necessary.
    I could not find an opt out for the instant invoicing. I went and adjusted my stores notice, with inceased s/h discount levels, and notice that prompt discount refund would be issued for full s/h fee payment, of a multi-purchase order .

I emailed my seller twice via AAL, and they will not answer. At least your seller is communicating and responding.

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    PayPal is an eBay company and despite their buyer protection program, this program does not extend to other sites like eBid. I have even seen some top high street names offer paypal as a payment method and PayPal's payment protection does not extend to them like it does not extend to here on eBid. FeeBay are just trying to dominate the market place, trying to force people to buy from eBay sellers to be covered by the payment protection. I have even seen top name high street shops trading on FeeBay, but I doubt they'll trade there for long when they see the rip-off fees they're paying haha! Unless they are getting bargin basement prices that are not available to ALL sellers!
    They changed that a good while ago, buyers now have the same INR & SNAD protection both on and off the bay.

OP it sounds like pp have made a mistake, it might be worth phoning PP, but try and get through to someone in ireland I found them very helpfull

I think all a buyer has to do to be covered by PP buyer protection is to follow the rules in 13.2 & 13.3 here
    https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?c...ale.x=en_GB#13. PayPal Buyer Protection

My own view on this is that Paypal will try to fob you off if the seller has no money in their Paypal account, but i think if you press them they will pay out.

Probally most people if its a small ammount dont bother with pursuing it and this is what Paypal hope you will do.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ukcraftstore View Post
    They have just told me that I should contact the seller. Yes very frustrating, it makes me so cross. I wouldn't dream of ripping anyone off. Trouble is, with this kind of thing, bad reports travel so much further than good ones!

Instead, tell P'pal that you are making a formal complaint to your financial/banking industry ombudsmen. Then follow it up if you don't get a satisfactory response.
    It's amazing what the word ombudsmen can do!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ukcraftstore View Post
    They have just told me that I should contact the seller. Yes very frustrating, it makes me so cross. I wouldn't dream of ripping anyone off. Trouble is, with this kind of thing, bad reports travel so much further than good ones!
    If you paid with a credit card, then do a chargeback with them.

Forum Lurker
    Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcraftstore's Feedback (+5288)
    All-About ukcraftstore
    View ukcraftstore's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    My own view on this is that Paypal will try to fob you off if the seller has no money in their Paypal account, but i think if you press them they will pay out.

Probally most people if its a small ammount dont bother with pursuing it and this is what Paypal hope you will do.
    Thanks for this BAGHAG999. I really wasn't going to bother with it because it was such a small amount but I got a satisfaction survey from Paypal regarding this transaction and remembered what you had said about pressing them. So I filled it out relaying exactly what had happened and how Paypal didn't stick to their motto of staying safe by paying with Paypal or something like that and lo and behold they have credited my account.

And for those who suggested that maybe I should have put Paypal in the title and my message, you are probably correct and I apologise, I wrote it on the spur of the moment. However, I would still advise anyone to wait until the seller contacts you before paying just in case - or as someone else suggested, if the seller has a shop look to see if they have been active recently, which is what I will do in the future.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent news that you got your money back!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes looking at feedback, seeing if they are active, and if its an expensive item sending them a message are all good precautions when buying inline from auction sellers.

Unfortunately a few bad ones spoil it for everyone else.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with you Julie, BUT I also think it is sad that buyers have to jump through so many hoops - because the vast majority will not think to do something like that, and then, if unlucky, have a bad experience and that put them off for life.

Thread Information