Thread: Right to sell and resell

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Right to sell and resell

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Thanks DZAMBO for that explanation....I am understanding better what you are meaning to say in previous posts.
    I know…I know what you mean by that….but nothing changes…and still day’s passing by…no way to stop…no way to come back…’’I wish’’ I can go back let’s say…20-30 years…but….but…..I can’t……I can’t….I can’t…….Well...I will ‘’wait for another life’’…next time ‘’I do better’’ I promise…but now…ehhh…20-30 years reverse…40 years even better that’ would be nice…..

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    OK, joking apart Dzambo.

You have still missed some of the point.

If we use your DVD example. If I buy fake DVD's then rightly the company, Disney or whoever will have every right to prevent me from selling them. If however I go to my wholesaler and they are selling off actual Disney DVD's cheap and I buy them, then it should be up to me how much I charge for those DVD's. With this case, and in this case it is in the USA and relates to goods bought abroad, Disney would have the right to prevent me selling below the price that they state, even though the DVD is a genuine Disney product. They are trying to control the price not just that they sell at, but the price that everybody who sells their product sells at.

Companies undoubtably will say that this is in order to protect the quality of the product and creaye an equal marketplace for all sellers. But ultimately they are trying to manipulate the market in order to keep prices high. If everybody has to sell at a price fixed by the original maker what will happen? I have genuine Calvin Klein items. I could set up a stall outside the Calvin Klein store and try to sell them at the same price as they do, who are the buyers going to buy from, me or Calvin Klein? If however I sold them at a 70% discount then i would sell at least some (ignoring the fact that I would be arrested for street trading wiyhout a license).

This is about the price that people can charge for legally obtained, genuine articles. It is up to them who they sell to in the first place, and if they have a contract with that company then that is fine, if that company breaks that contract then sue them for breach of contract or stop supplying them. But once a company has sold goods that then come onto the market for whatever reason, and are legally obtained, the buyer should be free to do as he wishes with them, and to sell them where and for what price he wishes.
    Well…I understand that….and for DVDs… PRICE! Any US release of 1st RUN, New release or DISNEY or CRITERION DVD's are NEVER cheap. Major chains pay more than $10 (or more) per DVD. Why would you think someone other wholesaler could do better than major chains?...Well maybe can do better who knows...is just my opinion...
    And this day’s many Hollywood companies manufactured DVDs in Asia BUT only manufactured and that mean: Make this, Pack this, ship this on West market for legal retail stores, DON’T OPEN, or resell this on Asian market or that manufactured company in Asia CAN give this stuff for anyone who is not ‘’legal’’ distributor for the West market…no way…simple as that…and of course all this movie companies protect own investing and creation and invest Millions of $ to make movie and pay Millions $ for actors and all this BEFORE even the movie is created, what you can expect after that to give somebody to resell this for 70% bellow retail price….
    Well….just checks your wholeseller if is legal wholeseller for mayor studios or not…if is go for it….sell this stuff even for 70% bellow retail price but if is NOT better stay out of that…(Like I say before NO any brand name company sue other person or company if reselling original items, always is AFTER brand name company HAS in own hands from the buyers who buy from the seller or supplier particular item and brand name company examinate that stuff and after that sue person or supplier if find that item or items is fake doesn't matter for contract after that, but if find items is genuine everything is just fine, nobody saying person ''can't resell '' yes person can BUT original not fake....)
    In the end my opinion is for all other brand names product in similar way…just check your own supplier…and you can check to be sure a 100% only from Brand Name Product Company and ask for list of legal suppliers…

P.S. Thanks for reply ‘’Girl’’ I see you have DVDs for sale but I don’t see much new release or Disney below much retail price….well...nothing personal...is just my only opinion…I wish you good sales…...

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Taken to it's utmost, this would mean that if you bought a car, you would not have the right to resell that car without the makers permission. It is ridiculous that big business wants, and frequently gets laws that help them swindle the public. In the UK we frequently pay a higher price than the rest of the world for goods. Many items are priced the same in US Dollars and UK pounds , despite the difference in the value of the currency. The internet was one plece where people could freely purchase goods from anywhere in the world, a truly global marketplace, and I for one hope it remains that way.
    Well said
    i to hope
    This is My Famous E-bid Store.
    http://just-about-anything-sales.ebid.net/

This is My Famous Summer Fun Store
    http://summer-fun.ebid.net/

Treasures-Galor
    http://treasures-galor.ebid.net/

http://us.ebid.net/buddy/714173

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1963)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

At what point does a law become an ass?

Quote Originally Posted by gbsbks2010 View Post
    At what point does a law become an ass?
    Prior to becoming law. This is due to the fact that it is politicians who create laws. As many politicians have no idea about the real world that people actually live in, it is inevitable that when they create laws they will not fit into that real world or the people who inhabit it.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

…(Like I say before NO any brand name company sue other person or company if reselling original items, always is AFTER brand name company HAS in own hands from the buyers who buy from the seller or supplier particular item and brand name company examinate that stuff and after that sue person or supplier if find that item or items is fake doesn't matter for contract after that, but if find items is genuine everything is just fine, nobody saying person ''can't resell '' yes person can BUT original not fake....)

But this is about the companies trying to stop anybody from reselling their products...Just like recently Adidas has pulled listings from Amazon. People are no longer allowed to resell their products online and many companies are following suit. They are trying to control pricing.

Citizens for Ownership Rights

http://ownershiprights.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    …(Like I say before NO any brand name company sue other person or company if reselling original items, always is AFTER brand name company HAS in own hands from the buyers who buy from the seller or supplier particular item and brand name company examinate that stuff and after that sue person or supplier if find that item or items is fake doesn't matter for contract after that, but if find items is genuine everything is just fine, nobody saying person ''can't resell '' yes person can BUT original not fake....)

But this is about the companies trying to stop anybody from reselling their products...Just like recently Adidas has pulled listings from Amazon. People are no longer allowed to resell their products online and many companies are following suit. They are trying to control pricing.

Citizens for Ownership Rights

http://ownershiprights.org/

Exactly, nobody condones the sale of fake products, it is illegal, it would harm the reputation of eBid and the customer gets an inferior product. But it is wrong that a company such as Adidas could stop me from sellimg genuine products. I have Adidas products listed, legally bought, genuine, so why should they tell me that I cannot sell them? Once they have sold them that should be the end as far as they are concerned. If they have a contract with the person or company that they originally supplied preventing resale apart from to the public then they can sue that company for breach of contract. But as far as I am concerned, they took the money for the goods originally, they have now relinquished ownership of those goods, and the new owner should be able to do whatever he wishes with those products.

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know that big companies do not like others selling their branded products cheaper cos it means less money for them. I also know about copyright laws in that I can make and sell what's in my stores as I created that pattern, but if I made something from a pattern I'd purchased then that's a big no-no. However, I fail to understand in OP why a PUBLISHER would be suing this student? Admittedly I haven't read all the replies thoroughly.
    As to eBay's involvement, they are obviously pursuing the line that if you buy then sell for profit, you must be a business seller - more fees for them!
    Also, I've heard that carbooters who resell for profit should declare thi to the taxman - not sure if this is an urban myth but it sounds about right, go after the little man while all the rich people get away without paying the tax they should.
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

Carbooters are OK, as are people selling online as long as it is their old stuff they are selling. As soon as you purchase products for resale it becomes income, and as income is taxable then the taxman will look into it.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the spirit of the proposed law were taken to its extreme and nobody could resell anything they'd bought from the first seller, I believe sales would fall off dramatically. I might gamble and spend money on something small like a box of kleenexes (oops! TISSUES) and if I weren't happy with them, no big loss, but I'm certainly not going to run out and buy a car only to find out I don't like it, but am stuck with it until I have enough money to buy another new car. Same with clothes, jewelry, books, microwaves...on and on. What if somebody dies? what becomes of their stuff? It HAS to be donated somewhere rather than sold?

Maybe rent-to-own business are behind all this!

Thread Information