Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How long does it take after posting new items does it take to show in the listings??

Question How long does it take after posting new items does it take to show in the listings??

Hello Fellow Ebidders

I can't see anywhere in any section Help etc were it tells you when
    postings show on you auction pages. Time wise that is.
    Is it a matter of many ebid members loading at a busy time.

But I first joined a week or so ago they went in straight anyway.
    So yesterday I thought I had did something wrong and they never showed till next day??

Any clues for me.

Thanks

thecovercase

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How long does it take after posting new items does it take to show in the listing

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Not sure about a specific time per se, but I'd guess some days are certainly busier than others. Read a bit on the forums recently about time lags in pages loading, apparently support is working on this. Hopefully your items will turn up shortly, there's usually a brief pause between listing time and time when items appear as searchable, though if it's been longer than a few hours you might want to contact support: support@ebid.net to let them know.

Just checked and I see 72 listings.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How long does it take after posting new items does it take to show in the listing

Welcome to eBid! In the past few days I think there have been some problems with the site. Several people (myself included) had/have been experiencing slowness in the system; i.e., uploading photos/pics to new listings being one of the worst probs, and just overall slowness of the system. I would like to think that this is due to the fact that online sellers are coming to eBid in droves and the system is having trouble keeping up!!

Anyways, best of luck to you in your new venture here at eBid...the best online site yet!

Usually they show up in less than a minute, but today the hamsters seem to be moving slower than usual. This does happen now and again, usually when there are a lot of listings. They do eventually turn up. Maybe eBid needs to buy a couple of extra hamsters to give the current ones a break, or possibly their wheel needs oiling.

Was just going to ask this - beat me to it. http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/ducal-pi...a-69415390.htm I can see it in the preview, but not anywhere else. And while I'm here, I've checked what I think is ok against the rules, but if someone else could peak it if it comes live it would be appreciated, as I've got lots of listings to put up shortly. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndoverFurniture View Post
    Was just going to ask this - beat me to it. http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/ducal-pi...a-69415390.htm I can see it in the preview, but not anywhere else. And while I'm here, I've checked what I think is ok against the rules, but if someone else could peak it if it comes live it would be appreciated, as I've got lots of listings to put up shortly. Many thanks
    You're right. This is really beautiful!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a gorgeous piece of furniture...love it! About the only thing I see that you should probably consider is this: your listing is a Run Until Sold (RUS)...you do realize that running your listings RUS they will stay at the "bottom of the pile" and never move on up for better views by potential buyers. What I do is Buy It Now (BIN) using 10 day listings, 10 auto-relists...that gives me 100 days before I have to fiddle with them again and do a manual relist....easy-peasy!

Best of luck to you!!

Hi there, excellent, no I didn't realise, but thank you for the tip, will make sure I follow suit

Forum Newbie
    All-About rving101
    View rving101's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am new to eBid and am finding Posting easy, however my listing that I Post are in limbo same as yours they are not showing up in the system. We Posted 3 Listings some 18 hours ago and still not in the Product Search, or on our Homepage Summary. We would hope that is because the system is that busy with business, that would mean it is an excellent site. However, time is money and any help from the system tech system or fellow eBid members would be great................Have a great day! rving101

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have two listings up.The tyre inflator was posted Sat 18 Jan 2014 13:58:16 (EST) & the grinder Sat 18 Jan 2014 13:33:52 (EST)

Thread Information