Forum Newbie
    View MyLabel's Feedback (+68)
    All-About MyLabel
    View MyLabel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What can I do? Negative Feedback

What can I do?
    Auction
    Original NSD Power Ball Powerball 250Hz AutoStart Pro - Black (122617994)
    From
    caketopshop

The customer received an item not as described,

First he claims item not as described and after he claims item not received, it is obviously that he makes a false stament.

In all my communication with the buyer I was polite and I offered him a FREE RETURNS with UPS services, he decided to go with Royal mail and paid for the services, I do not believed that it is my fault him to be out of pocket when I offered the buyer a FREE returns label.

The negative feedback he left it is Unfair, can I do something about it?

Regards

Cecilia Kelly

Default Re: What can I do? Negative Feedback

Maybe the customer was unable to wait in for a courier and couldn't get to a drop off point for UPS ?

I would refund his postage and maybe he will change the feedback - that's the beauty of eBid feedback ! The question is why was the wrong item sent in the first place ?!

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unfortunately, you have left the buyer negative feedback, so he is unlikely to be co-operative.

Would have made more sense to resolve it before you left feedback, and then been generous with your comments.
    Otherwise we will end up like The Dark Side, living in an episode of Eastenders.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyLabel View Post
    What can I do?
    Auction
    Original NSD Power Ball Powerball 250Hz AutoStart Pro - Black (122617994)
    From
    caketopshop

The customer received an item not as described,

First he claims item not as described and after he claims item not received, it is obviously that he makes a false stament.

In all my communication with the buyer I was polite and I offered him a FREE RETURNS with UPS services, he decided to go with Royal mail and paid for the services, I do not believed that it is my fault him to be out of pocket when I offered the buyer a FREE returns label.

The negative feedback he left it is Unfair, can I do something about it?

Regards

Cecilia Kelly
    The buyer receiving item not as described, most likely lost confidence therefore wanted a return shipper with tracking and delivery confirmation. I know I would do the same.
    Return policy or not there should have been no question about refunding costs incurred.
    Sellers mistake seller pays. This doesn't appear to be an isolated incident. I only say this to be helpful. Sellers need to take seriously what and how they are shipping. Make sure you ship exactly as described and pack professionally.
    In this case the wrongful feedback was to the buyer.
    eBid is fair and feedback can be changed. You need to work on changing it. If buyer refuses no matter what you do, learn from it and move on. Try to make future feedback even more positive than you could think possible. You can also learn how to improve by taking note of your neutrals, they tell a story.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    The buyer receiving item not as described, most likely lost confidence therefore wanted a return shipper with tracking and delivery confirmation. I know I would do the same.

Return policy or not there should have been no question about refunding costs incurred.
    Sellers mistake seller pays

This doesn't appear to be an isolated incident. I only say this to be helpful. Sellers need to take seriously what and how they are shipping. Make sure you ship exactly as described and pack professionally.
    In this case the wrongful feedback was to the buyer.
    eBid is fair and feedback can be changed. You need to work on changing it. If buyer refuses no matter what you do, learn from it and move on. Try to make future feedback even more positive than you could think possible. You can also learn how to improve by taking note of your neutrals, they tell a story.
    I heartily agree.
    The buyer is taking all the risks when he or she makes a purchase and pays for it.
    I have always offered a full money-back guarantee, including return postage, for anything that the buyer finds unsatisfactory. And I don't worry too much about why it is; if the customer feels disappointed, that's enough reason to do something to rectify the situation.

I think this is the professional thing to do, it evens up the odds in the buyers favour, and generates good will. You might think that this was a risky and expensive attitude, but in 3000+ transactions I have had 1 return. That was entirely justified, as I had inadvertantly described the item incorrectly.

I think that people who have a bad experience buying online tell all their friends, and name the culprit. I think they do the same if they recieve a service above and beyond what they could have expected, too. That's what I want them to do.

Forum Newbie
    View 338mpu's Feedback (+1534)
    All-About 338mpu
    View 338mpu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    I heartily agree.
    The buyer is taking all the risks when he or she makes a purchase and pays for it.
    I have always offered a full money-back guarantee, including return postage, for anything that the buyer finds unsatisfactory. And I don't worry too much about why it is; if the customer feels disappointed, that's enough reason to do something to rectify the situation.

I think this is the professional thing to do, it evens up the odds in the buyers favour, and generates good will. You might think that this was a risky and expensive attitude, but in 3000+ transactions I have had 1 return. That was entirely justified, as I had inadvertantly described the item incorrectly.

I think that people who have a bad experience buying online tell all their friends, and name the culprit. I think they do the same if they recieve a service above and beyond what they could have expected, too. That's what I want them to do.
    Last time I had two neutral feedbacks. I was wondering about the Royal Mail strike. Caring about my buyers, I asked them for feedback. Received two neutrals. I know they will be there forever as I'm not asking nobody to remove them. That's the way this site works!

Quote Originally Posted by 338mpu View Post
    Last time I had two neutral feedbacks. I was wondering about the Royal Mail strike. Caring about my buyers, I asked them for feedback. Received two neutrals. I know they will be there forever as I'm not asking nobody to remove them. That's the way this site works!
    All of your negs and neuts come from new ebidders that is a shame 9 buyers that will probably not be buying on ebid anymore. 9 people willing to publicly damage your reputation, this speaks loudly.

When a deal goes "south" I make sure to go above and beyond in this situation I probably wouldve said to not bother shipping it back keep it, your full purchase price has been refunded here is the transaction code to verify it in your paypal account and the correct item is on its way free of charge.

Sure this is an expensive way to handle it but, I wouldve gotten a positive and the customer to continue having confidence in ebid.

Thread Information