Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Put Off

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Put Off

I found an item i really liked and although it was a bit pricey but i thought I would buy it. So i scrolled down to read the rest of the description and came across the statement "I will not be responsible for lost post".
    That put me off right away.
    A seller should be responsible for an item until it reaches the buyer. If it is lost in the post I feel the seller should refund the buyer then pursue it with the post office and make a claim.
    Needless to say that it a sale that wont be made - i'll look for a friendlier seller
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Put Off

I agree. I wouldn't buy from a seller that said that either.

Though it really doesn't matter what they say - if the law says they are responsible, then they are responsible.

It would definitely put me off too - i see a lot of sellers with half a page terms and conditions for a sale and that also puts me right off

I just want to buy something - no hassle not be told i must do this, must do that and if anything bad happens tough sh!t i soon click the back button if i see that type of thing
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

I agree, that is why i insure all my packages.
    But the buyer also needs to understand that it takes sometime to file a claim & get a refund, for example a claim is filed for a lost package by seller & they refund the money to the buyer before the postal service checks into the case & they find the package & it gets delivered to the buyer then the post office won't pay the seller & now the seller has lost the money & item, so the seller needs to wait til the post office declares it lost & pays the seller who then refunds they buyer.
    With a damaged package the seller will start a claim & the insurance company will need some info from the buyer before they rule on the claim so if seller refunds before the buyer provides the info, then the buyer will not be in a hurry to provide the needed info & again the seller will lose out, so the seller will again need to wait til the buyer provides the needed info to the insurance company & they pay the seller to refund the buyer.

Insurance will protect both the seller & buyer but takes a little time.

Forum Lurker
    Nutter Fort, West Virginia, United States
    View rhoover77's Feedback (+5)
    All-About rhoover77
    View rhoover77's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I see, I used do both insure and delivery confirmation or one or the other, but I haven't sell anything as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Haddons View Post
    It would definitely put me off too - i see a lot of sellers with half a page terms and conditions for a sale and that also puts me right off

I just want to buy something - no hassle not be told i must do this, must do that and if anything bad happens tough sh!t i soon click the back button if i see that type of thing
    Terms of a sale are like going into a store & they have their signs posted about what they will & will not take back & that you need your receipt & how many days you have to return this or so many days for that & that you need the original box & if you get money back or store credit. So seeing a seller with their terms don't bother me, but when they say they are not responsible for lost or damaged items in transit that does bother me because if you buy something online from a retail chain they are responsible until you receive the item as is any seller that is why they should insure the package.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoover77 View Post
    When I see, I used do both insure and delivery confirmation or one or the other, but I haven't sell anything as of late.
    I use both as well, Insurance & delivery confirmation & I don't make the buyer pay for it.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

It puts me off as well when I see "I will not be responsible for lost post" - I move on elsewhere.

when a seller purchases insurance they have to be the one to start a claim since they are the one who purchased it, the insurance company does not allow anyone else to file the claim, that is why i say the seller needs to wait to refund til the claim is settled if paypal refunds the buyer before the claim is settle and you had provided them with a tracking & insurance number & then the insurance shows it was delivered & closes the case paypal will have to refund you or they could be sued.
    There are a lot of scammers out there but there are a lot of honest people as well and they shouldn't be punished.

I have been selling online since 2000 & have never had an issue yet (knock on wood) but if i ever do get taken i will have to write it off on my taxes.

For cheaper items I send normal post and if they go missing refund the buyer or send a replacement if I have one, I then reclaim from the Post Office. For more expensive items I send recorded for UK or signed for overseas, same thing if it goes missing, I refund and reclaim for the loss.

If a seller makes the buyer pay they can keep the money AND reclaim for the loss, not a bad little earner.

Thread Information