eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Listing with a Mac

Forum Newbie
    View Rustymini's Feedback (+3)
    All-About Rustymini
    View Rustymini's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Listing with a Mac

I've just bought an iMac. Previously I have created all my auctions on Ebay's Turbo lister (because it is much much simpler to use than Ninja) and then imported everything to Ninja to list on Ebid. However Ebay do not support Mac so I can't do this now. Has anyone with a Mac got around this problem?
    Incidentally I have tried to download Ninja today and my Mac won't let me run it.

Forum Newbie
    View CharUK's Feedback (+162)
    All-About CharUK
    View CharUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listing with a Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymini View Post
    I've just bought an iMac. Previously I have created all my auctions on Ebay's Turbo lister (because it is much much simpler to use than Ninja) and then imported everything to Ninja to list on Ebid. However Ebay do not support Mac so I can't do this now. Has anyone with a Mac got around this problem?
    Incidentally I have tried to download Ninja today and my Mac won't let me run it.

I use a Mac and have been able to download and use the Ninja lister without a problem so it definitely works on a Mac. Unfortunately, I've never been able to use Turbo Lister (as you said, there's no version for Macs) so can't help you further...

Forum Newbie
    All-About Rustymini
    Forum Posts

Perhaps there's an opening for Ebid there? There are millions of Mac users who can't use Turbo lister so how about an Ebid version of it for mac. Or making Ninja a bit more user friendly and shouting about it to mac users.
    (Am I the only one who finds Ninja difficult to use? I don't mean downloading it, I could never use it properly on my old PC)

Forum Newbie
    View scanlansarts's Feedback (+3630)
    All-About scanlansarts
    View scanlansarts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I use a Mac and I was able to us Ninja but found I prefer the excel sheets and use this very successfully on ebid. On Ebay the only support is using software which you need to pay for. Ebay customer support can help you with this.
    Good luck.

Regards,

Paula

Here's hoping you have a Crafty Day!

Forum Newbie
    All-About Rustymini
    Forum Posts

I've now downloaded Ninja (The problem I was having was due to not downloading AdobeAir first). When I click onto the auction set I want to add an auction to the instructions say I should choose "Create New Auction in this set". I'm not getting that option to choose (Actually I'm not getting any options). I must be doing something wrong (I have only been a Mac user for three days so my brain is still very firmly in Microsoft mode). I may have a play with the Excel sheets later - I have open office so they should be compatible.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've now downloaded Ninja (The problem I was having was due to not downloading AdobeAir first). When I click onto the auction set I want to add an auction to the instructions say I should choose "Create New Auction in this set". I'm not getting that option to choose (Actually I'm not getting any options). I must be doing something wrong (I have only been a Mac user for three days so my brain is still very firmly in Microsoft mode). I may have a play with the Excel sheets later - I have open office so they should be compatible.
    Ninja Lister uses the right mouse click a lot (not sure why). Try right clicking on the Auction Set, the options menu should then appear.

Yes, you can use Open Office for the spreadsheet, but see: http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0064

Thread Information