Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: utility bill validation request

Default utility bill validation request

Hi,

I've been asked for utility bill my name and address that is 3 months old but don't pay any bills at home as I'm a stay at home mom. Is there another document I can submit instead of utility bill in addition to copy of my passport?

ie. credit card statement, bank statement?

Default Re: utility bill validation request

Quote Originally Posted by JewelleryGirl View Post
    Hi,

I've been asked for utility bill my name and address that is 3 months old but don't pay any bills at home as I'm a stay at home mom. Is there another document I can submit instead of utility bill in addition to copy of my passport?

ie. credit card statement, bank statement?
    I would think a bank statement would be fine if it's got your name and address on it. Email support@ebid.net and ask.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with Cornish.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Should think that any official document that has the relevant information would be fine. I would scan it and eMail it in with an explanation that you do not pay the utility bills.

thank you so much, that is very helpful indeed. Also thanks to everyone taking the time to reply so quickly, much appreciated.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope you get it sorted. I would offer them whatever official paperwork you have which has a recent date, and your name/ address on, let them choose. Are you able to also offer a letter confirming the details from the person who does pay the bills if that is needed? Basically offernig as much as you can shows your willingness to sort it out

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    I hope you get it sorted. I would offer them whatever official paperwork you have which has a recent date, and your name/ address on, let them choose. Are you able to also offer a letter confirming the details from the person who does pay the bills if that is needed? Basically offernig as much as you can shows your willingness to sort it out
    thank you, it's all sorted out now ;o)

since you're the Forum Master, any idea or advise to succeed with ebid? I am selling costume jewellery now but hoping to sell my own original paintings, ornaments I've collected from my travels...etc....any thoughts?

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?mo=account-pending
    Last edited by JewelleryGirl; 13th August 2012 at 06:18 PM.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JewelleryGirl View Post
    thank you, it's all sorted out now ;o)

since you're the Forum Master, any idea or advise to succeed with ebid? I am selling costume jewellery now but hoping to sell my own original paintings, ornaments I've collected from my travels...etc....any thoughts?

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?mo=account-pending
    There are five levels (excluding admin posts) of forum poster.
    Level Number of Posts
    Newbie : 1 to 49
    Lurker : 50 to 399
    DieHard : 400 to 1,499
    Master : 1,500 to 2,999
    Saint : 3,000 & Over

The various levels are based purely on the number of posts made to the forums and nothing more should be attributed to them.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, best to read the forums and the help pages and Astral has a couple of good threads as well.

We are all looking at ways to increase our sales on ebid.

One of my top tips, is to buy a couple of things to support previous ebid members ad to see how the buying process works.
    And to get some feedback of course.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Besides, techincally, it would be "mistress"... *grin*.

On a serious note, with regard to selling tips,
    I agree with Juliebabe25. I know it sounds like a sales pitch but it's true. Back in my early days on feepay I didnt get sales until I had some feedback for buying first, and when I came here to ebid, I had the same experience here.

As for other tips, these are the ones I use, and they do help..

- Publicise your ebid auctions via any ebid, or general auction related social networks groups (or local "selling" pages on Facebook as well). There are ebid and general auction promotion social networks on Yahoogroups, Livejournal, facebook, Twitter, etc. Some people have also found success on pininterest as well.

- If you sell on ebay, pop a flyer in with each ebay package, letting your buyers know about your shop here on ebid.

- Make sure that your prices on ebid are comparable to those on ebay.

- I have been advised, as I sometimes list arty things and photographic prints, things created for fundraising by our members, for my theatre group, to explain as much as possible about each item as you can - size, format, how produced, etc. Are they artist-signed? Are they one-of-a-kind?

- I have had a look at your jewelry listings and they are lovely! I will be reccomending to some friends who use jewelry like that to suppliment thier bellydance costumes. I also do bellydance but tend not to use jewelry myself. My only criticism, would be to add what carat the gold plating is (if known), and to add information about your sales policy. As in how quickly you post items out, and by what postal service? What is your returns / refunds policy?
    I would add the sales policy to both your listings, and your "about me" page.

Thread Information