eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm new to eBid - I have a question please !

Forum Newbie
    View Onemore2's Feedback (+1)
    All-About Onemore2
    View Onemore2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I'm new to eBid - I have a question please !

I am completely new to eBid. I have just purchased my first item .

I have been an eBay customer for many years (shortly coming to a close, because I think EBay treat their sellers very unfairly).

Is ebid any good for selling ?

As mentioned above, I am not entirely happy with ebay with regard to the way they treat sellers.
    I have 100% feedback there, but due to a recent buyer taking me for a ride, ebay sided with him without even considering my side of the story.

I hope I can build up some selling on here - the only thing that went right with ebay was that most of my clothing I put on ebay sold.

Many thanks people for your time here !

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I'm new to eBid - I have a question please !

Hi and welcome to eBid. To answer your question, yes, eBid is good for selling, though it's not as large as eBay at present, so a bit of patience is required. Also, promotion of your items for sale is important, many sellers use social networking sites to promote their listings.

The following is a bit I posted to another thread, but it may be helpful here as well. Some thoughts on selling:

1) Add a signature link to your forum posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    3) Use Plug Your Auctions to promote your items (1x per 24 hours, remove/delete old plug before adding new one).
    4) Use 7-10 day listings with auto reposts to ensure your items move up searches.
    5) Participate in forums and eBid community activities, as YDC auctions, to help good causes and increase your visibility.
    6) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    7) Use social networking (as Facebook, Twitter, personal blog) to promote your listings.
    8) Read Astral's FAQs page, Bykimbo's page and the Help section for good advice and tips.
    9) Use MaO (if it's your thing) on listings and/or offer combined shipping or other incentives to buyers (if feasible) to purchase your items.
    10) Let former customers on other sites know you're selling on eBid.

Oh and any questions just ask, we don't bite and try to help when we can.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Welcome to eBid.

To answer your question "Is eBid any good for selling?". The honest answer is actually yes, no and maybe. To start with it is not eBay, they have a massive publicity budget and millions of buyers who make it their 1st port of call. On eBid you have to work a bit harder and make sure that your listings are viewable on Google. To be honest if I was you I would join eBid and start listing on here, many see eBay as getting worse and at the very least you need to start working on an alternative. But I would remain on eBay for now. If you have items that you have more than single quantities then list some on both sites. What I wuld do is drop the price on eBid by about 5%, this will still leave you better off. When you sell on eBay put a flyer in telling them that you also sell on eBid but at a lower price, if you get a question try to reply by eMail and tell them you can sell the item to them on eBid at a lower price. This will allow you to make sales but gradually gain feedback and a reputation on eBid.

You can sell on here, I sell virtually every day, but you may need to find the best items and the best way to sell them and that can take time. It took me about a year before I started to see a significant sales increase. But once again to be honest, I think it is the best move, less hassle, fewer rip off customers, and buyers and sellers are treated fairly. And longer term I am hoping to see eBid continuing to grow while eBay at best stays at the level it is now, but probably getting worse with fewer listings and declining sales.

hi
    i took the jump 2 weeks ago from ebay,
    put on over 250.00 items free,paid for sellers plus.

moan about ebid so slow for bids,

then i listen to some ebiders emails,
    open on twiiter, set up a online shop,put my items on 2 free websites,took out a hubpage,opened up facebook,

and ive now had over 30 views on every item,and more..
    made 9 sales this morning,

i put ebid to every link i send out,

last night sent out 560.00 twiiters telling them to go to my ebid site,

you have to work with it, and in the end it will work for you..

every item i put on i send to twiiter and hubpage,and freesites, its all free..

so thanks robinsonstoyshop..

Forum Newbie
    View Onemore2's Feedback (+1)
    All-About Onemore2
    View Onemore2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for all your help and tips

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hallo and welcome to ebid!

It is slower than the bay, but I also do get sales on here that I am pretty happy with.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robinsonstoyshop View Post
    hi
    i took the jump 2 weeks ago from ebay,
    put on over 250.00 items free,paid for sellers plus.

moan about ebid so slow for bids,

then i listen to some ebiders emails,
    open on twiiter, set up a online shop,put my items on 2 free websites,took out a hubpage,opened up facebook,

and ive now had over 30 views on every item,and more..
    made 9 sales this morning,

i put ebid to every link i send out,

last night sent out 560.00 twiiters telling them to go to my ebid site,

you have to work with it, and in the end it will work for you..

every item i put on i send to twiiter and hubpage,and freesites, its all free..

so thanks robinsonstoyshop..
    Well done! I am impressed!

Hi, I am completely new to eBid also, I have spent only 3 months selling with ebay trying to build a new handbags store. My sales have started to increase considerably iand I have also 100% feedback n the last month, but after only a short sellling experience I have come to learn that the fees they charge for listing, relisting and selling fees leaves very little profit in it for the seller. I am looking forward to developing my store and selling experience with eBid and would welcome any tips etc. I am a bit of a fossil when it comes to forums, facebook, twitter etc but willing to give it a go

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bagithandbagstore View Post
    Hi, I am completely new to eBid also, I have spent only 3 months selling with ebay trying to build a new handbags store. My sales have started to increase considerably iand I have also 100% feedback n the last month, but after only a short sellling experience I have come to learn that the fees they charge for listing, relisting and selling fees leaves very little profit in it for the seller. I am looking forward to developing my store and selling experience with eBid and would welcome any tips etc. I am a bit of a fossil when it comes to forums, facebook, twitter etc but willing to give it a go
    Yes welcome to ebid.
    Unfortunately when it comes to selling in the Internet its such a big place, that you have to stop being a fossil and get to grips with things such as Facebook, Pinterst, adwords, adsense, SEO, twitter, Squidoo etc etc. And there is no one place to go to find out all about them. So Google and Wikipedia are good places to start, and of course the ebid forums.

hello, I was new to the idea of twitter too, but found it quite easy to access through ebid, on your search engine type in twitter - and it should bring you up the main page - open up an account in your company name - they will send you a confirmation email to click onto - do this and your twitter account is up and running..

On your ebid account details it should give you your individual http address - do a write up on twitter of your business and put in this http. as a link and then when you list an item on ebid it gives you the tweet option hit this and as soon as you list an ebid item you are talso weeting it to on twitter.

You can also tweet about your business and add your ebid http link at the bottom..every time someone hits this link they gain acess to your account and you gain buddy points on ebid..

I also signed up to a completely free site called webstore - this also gives you an http. address and add this in too and when you list an item here it tells you other ways to promote your goods..

If you type in hubpages in your search engine - internet home page - this allows you to join free and write a snappy interesting piece about your business - promoting yourself worldwide - place all your http. links to it and also to every email you send out, that way everytime someone hits one of your links they are gaining instant access to your sites and goods for sale..

I signed up to ebid account + at the full lifetime fee - and have so far made 9 sales - got more than half my outlay back and only been charged 58p in fees the the thumbnail photo's at a mere 2% rather than 13.5% ebay take as a final valuation fee and the listing fee too..

It may feel slower than ebay to start with but its cheaper and most of what you make, if not even all of what you sell is your's..

I am using all the free sites, hubpages and twitter to try and sell my goods and also promote and draw more buyers to ebid and webstore sites in general - to help build up the buying audiences for all of us..

hope this helps you - robinsonstoyshop

Thread Information