Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ebid in the USA

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid in the USA

@lejoueurdepipeau

Of course ebid needs members from all over.
    All I was saying is that if I was ebid and had a limited Marketing budget, then I would put most of my effort into the UK and the USA.
    That's is where most of the members are going to come from.
    How much does it cost ebid to set up servers in another country and translate the pages etc ?
    Here in NZ I see about 4 active sellers and we have 4 million people, the same as Estonia and Israel.

And take Brazil for example.
    How many people from the USA or the UK would buy stuff from Brazil ?
    Most stuff on ebid is low cost, so add the postage and it becomes un-buyable.

How many active ebid sellers do you think there are in France ? (a large country)

Forum Newbie
    West Pittsburg , Pennsylvania, United States
    View papa571's Feedback (+2)
    All-About papa571
    View papa571's Listings
    Forum Posts

i sincerely hope the USA side really takes off and i believe it will due to many sellers are sick and tired of the other major site that ours is compared to .it doesn't take a MBA to figure out that our site is more economical than paying up to 15% of your sale to them ! I have read the forums on the other site and sellers are sick and tired of their policies and several are coming here me included .If the current trend continues , these sellers have the potential to implode the other site and i'm a firm believer in karma so i look for eBid to be rockin in the USA soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by papa571 View Post
    i sincerely hope the USA side really takes off and i believe it will due to many sellers are sick and tired of the other major site that ours is compared to .it doesn't take a MBA to figure out that our site is more economical than paying up to 15% of your sale to them ! I have read the forums on the other site and sellers are sick and tired of their policies and several are coming here me included .If the current trend continues , these sellers have the potential to implode the other site and i'm a firm believer in karma so i look for eBid to be rockin in the USA soon!!!
    I agree with that entirely. At the moment the difference in listings and choice is massive, but for every seller that moves entirely it is extra listings on eBid and less on eBay. As the difference reduces the trickle of movers could become a flood. There are many who would like to leave but do not see a viable alternative, for me eBid is the most likely to fill that vacuum. We are not there yet, for a start sales need to continue to increase before many will leave the bay, but eBid is definately moving in the right direction.

I sure hope this site does well. I was just reading the forums over on ebay and a lot of sellers are getting screwed ,
    their new way of doing feedback and the star rating buyers are allowed to say whatever they want about a seller and ebay is spanking the seller for it.

View Phantomas's Feedback (+46)
    All-About Phantomas
    View Phantomas's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi apennysaved,
    I've been listing on ebid since 2011 and had no sale at all!!!
    I really think that ebid should have an 800 number for customer support!!!
    There were many times I wanted to close my shop here out of the frustration I get here and I'm sure that there are 1000 of sellers that feel the same like i do!
    I do list worldwide but still no sales I think that buyers in UK & Europe don't buy from me because of the high shipping costs...

Good luck to you too
    Quote Originally Posted by apennysaved View Post
    over the last month or so, I've noticed a lot of new users on the forums from the USA. I think this is great and key to ebid's success in the future.

Thought i would start this thread so us in the US can help each other out with hints and tips. The biggest piece of advice i would give sellers in the US is to make your items available worldwide, especially the UK, the UK is where the most ebid users are at the moment, so shipping to the UK will be key for your sales.

good luck everyone, hope to hear from some more of you

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Phantomas

You will much help from forum members if you set up a new thread and ask a specific question.

Having staff to answer calls would just increase the fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomas View Post
    Hi apennysaved,
    I've been listing on ebid since 2011 and had no sale at all!!!
    I really think that ebid should have an 800 number for customer support!!!
    There were many times I wanted to close my shop here out of the frustration I get here and I'm sure that there are 1000 of sellers that feel the same like i do!
    I do list worldwide but still no sales I think that buyers in UK & Europe don't buy from me because of the high shipping costs...

Good luck to you too
    Even if they had the staff, as support is in the UK, I doubt they could afford a freephone number, especially for overseas calls.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Hi, apennysaved.

I know that we Canucks aren't well represented here on the forums either. Just a few of us come to the boards here. Just wanted to welcome you and hope that the US sellers (and sellers in all countries do well here on eBid).

And I agree that offering international shipping doesn't hurt, when a seller can.

One big challenge US / Canadian / all sellers have is to find a way to get eBid.net to be a well-known auction site. I'm still optimistic that this will happen as we all do our thing.

View apennysaved's Feedback (+15)
    All-About apennysaved
    View apennysaved's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there

i have seen a few Canadians on the forums, not that many tho. We need more and more people from all over!

Thanks for the welcome, i'm here for the longhaul!

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Hi, apennysaved.

I know that we Canucks aren't well represented here on the forums either. Just a few of us come to the boards here. Just wanted to welcome you and hope that the US sellers (and sellers in all countries do well here on eBid).

And I agree that offering international shipping doesn't hurt, when a seller can.

One big challenge US / Canadian / all sellers have is to find a way to get eBid.net to be a well-known auction site. I'm still optimistic that this will happen as we all do our thing.

I have been here since 2010 and love it. I love the interaction from all over the world. I love the ease of use. I love the great way we are treated. My customers have come from all over. some of the things I have shipped out I have wondered why someone from that area would be purchasing the item. But if I don't list it they can't find it. So the answer for me is LIST---LIST---LIST. Promote in the forums and any other place you can find. TALK---TALK---TALK---TWEET---TWEET---TWEET and Facebook if you can.

I have not been disappointed in my move to this site. The only way I know is to promote and the more people I tell or show the better we get.

Thread Information