eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching and Find with Ebid

Unhappy Searching and Find with Ebid

Hello,

does anyone else have this problem? I search for 'cushion covers soft' and i get one result in ebid but when i put in the same words in ebay i get pages and pages of cushion covers. Naturally, if one site has more options then you would chose that site to search and buy. Even I am forced to go to ebay to buy my things as ebid simply doesn't have it or has enough selection. It is a shame, having been here two weeks with no sales so far...I am starting to wonder whether this will be better than ebay in the end. Fee or no fee?

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Searching and Find with Ebid

Quick answers

No, your search is too specific try using "cushion Cover" as a search term giving a result of 1000 plus items.

Yes eBid is better than Ebay for some sellers.

You only have 7 items for sale and which are aimed at a very specific market.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

eBay has around 140 million listings, eBid less than 7 million. Naturally there is more choice on eBay. But eBid is growing, several people on here recently have said that they have found things on eBid they could not find on eBay. And at times on eBay there may also be multiple listings by the same seller for the same item, and I for one do not want to plough through the same things. I always look here first, if you do find things they may also be better priced due to the low fees, most of my items are priced a minimum of 5% less than I would have charged on eBay.

As for selling, you already have feedback for a couple of items, so you have made sales. On eBay yu would pay higher fees, relisting fees etc. It took me a year before my sales started rising to a good level, with the few items you have listed you seem to be doing OK for the first few weeks, well done. I would stick with it, maybe see if you can increase your listings and you may be surprised at the results.

thank you for your comments, my feedbacks are for 'buying' still no sales. I only have few items because I wanted to see if I make any sales before opening a store. I will try listing a bit more items to see if that improves my chances but I was having a moan about looking for items to buy on ebid and not finding enough choices or nothing at all. Thanks ;o)

hi,
    looked for 'cushion covers' yes I found more than 1000 results but got bored scrolling down to find the colour, type I wanted...why can't we search for specific? Would make life easier...thanks again for your suggestions.

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?mo=account-pending

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JewelleryGirl View Post
    I only have few items because I wanted to see if I make any sales before opening a store.
    That's rather like putting a postcard in a second floor flat window stating 'Flat for Rent' rather than a large notice outside. You need to give yourself the maximum visibility to sell in a smaller market.

I will try listing a bit more items to see if that improves my chances but I was having a moan about looking for items to buy on ebid and not finding enough choices or nothing at all.
    Maybe that 'lack of choice' is because too many are doing the same as you. It's a bit of a contradiction to complain about lack of choice and then state that you are restricting what you offer on the site.

It costs nothing to list, you don't have to have a store, all it takes is a little of your time to create the listings (less if you are importing them from elsewhere).

You do have to make that little bit more effort on a smaller site - people are not going to beat a path to your door, while you just sit back and wait for them.

Hello,

does anyone else have this problem? I search for 'cushion covers soft' and i get one result in ebid but when i put in the same words in ebay i get pages and pages of cushion covers. Naturally, if one site has more options then you would chose that site to search and buy. Even I am forced to go to ebay to buy my things as ebid simply doesn't have it or has enough selection. It is a shame, having been here two weeks with no sales so far...I am starting to wonder whether this will be better than ebay in the end. Fee or no fee?
    I think the search bit is classic..........

You may be searching a bit too specifically but that is exactly what a large percentage of buyers do....

Which is why sellers need to learn and understand what buyers search for - and then make sure they have coverage of the appropriate keywords. Its not although any cushion cover seller would need to put the keyword soft in every listing either - as long as there is at least one or two and those listings are in shop where the other cushion cover products will appear.

Regarding the sales I agree with what has been said before....

Kumi, having seen your unique contemporary oil paintings I was hoping to see an eBid interior design shop created by you in the near future - it would enable you to correct all those dead links on the net that are going nowhere - if you had a shop (by becoming SELLER+) all those links could point directly to your eBid shop rather than getting a message saying 'server not found'. That is the opportunity that I see - which is making me look at the jewellery and feel a bit disappointed....... nothing against the jewellery of course........ but (personally speaking) I think there is a far bigger opportunity for you.

Hi deanosaur1972

Thank you for your feedback and comments...it was my intention to open a shop with eBid to sell my paintings and other things I have bought to sell. But with all the mixed feedbacks from sellers and people I know never heard of eBid I was not sure it was the right place for me. I didn't want to upgrade to SELLER+ account until I tried out how it works and whether I can have sales. I have listed some paintings on auction now with a very low starting bids so hope if the right customers come through then I have no problem following your advise and opening an eBid interior design shop!

Thanks again for your support and helpful advise, indeed I owe you something if it works out the way you suggested ;o)

My auction link below:
    http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/seascape...g-72594731.htm

Hi deanosaur1972

Thank you for your feedback and comments...it was my intention to open a shop with eBid to sell my paintings and other things I have bought to sell. But with all the mixed feedbacks from sellers and people I know never heard of eBid I was not sure it was the right place for me. I didn't want to upgrade to SELLER+ account until I tried out how it works and whether I can have sales. I have listed some paintings on auction now with a very low starting bids so hope if the right customers come through then I have no problem following your advise and opening an eBid interior design shop!

Thanks again for your support and helpful advise, indeed I owe you something if it works out the way you suggested ;o)

My auction link below:
    http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/seascape...g-72594731.htm

Kumi,

I wish you good luck - but I think without a shop (which in effect would be your art gallery) and all those dead net links being altered to the shop/gallery + no google exposure then you may find it difficult. Even if you had all of that - for an artist with your products it would just be the very start and certainly not a cure-all. There would need to be a quantity of work - I know you make prints available etc. You would probably need a template for your listings to create the WOW factor (Jan might want to comment on that) - you probably don't need me to tell you that art needs a better presentation than just about any other item for sale. There would many other things as well, not least identity - the biggest selling point you potentially have is you - that is what links everything together.

In my eyes and in this particular instance it wouldn't be about the sales in the short or even mid-term - it would be about the ability to showcase all your work in one place with your own identity stamped all over it with the art net links pointing towards it. And it would be a hell of lot cheaper than having your own website. Again I will stress this is just my opinion, and that this is a long term project rather than a short term one.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have listed some paintings on auction now with a very low starting bids so hope if the right customers come through then I have no problem following your advise and opening an eBid interior design shop!

There are very few bidding wars so be sure to have your prices where you will be happy if they sell for the starting price.

Thread Information