Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Building an Ebid business

Forum Lurker
    View DancingForRain's Feedback (+2249)
    All-About DancingForRain
    View DancingForRain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Building an Ebid business

Well, the forums sure seem a lot quieter now than they used to be. Over the next few months I am going to be listing as much as I can here on ebid.

That's what I'm working on as well.

Forum Lurker
    All-About DancingForRain
    Forum Posts

You have a wide variety of items, thats what I am working on right now. I have a lot of antiques and collectible items to list, thats what I will be working on listing first.
    Quote Originally Posted by amcer93 View Post
    That's what I'm working on as well.

I also have a wide range of items and it can definitely help. There is no rhyme or reason to purchases on any site, and eBid is no exception. For some strange reason I have done pretty well selling toys since Christmas, yet other items that usually sell on a regular basis seem to have gone off the boil.

As for building an eBid business, I am not quite there yet but would love to be able to say that my sales on here pay the bills every month. Currently I am adding as much stock as I can and trying a few other things to see if I can increase my sales. Only time will tell and June is generally a little quiet for me, things are looking promising and despite the fact that sales have been patchy this month it looks like my sales will be over 10% up on last year, if that an be continued, or even increased then over the next year at least 6 months of the year would be bringing in enough sales to be considered a paying business as opposed to the current 2 where Christmas boosts things. You never know, this time next year I might be a millionaire!

Forum Lurker
    All-About DancingForRain
    Forum Posts

What Kreative has achieved on ebid over the last few years has been an inspiration to me, and I am sure many others.
    Yes ebid is a lot more work than some other sites, but with the potential fees you can save, it's certainly worth the extra effort

Agreed. I actually just recently made my first sale on eBid. I sold a VHS tape for $3, and eBid's cut was six cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingForRain View Post
    What Kreative has achieved on ebid over the last few years has been an inspiration to me, and I am sure many others.
    Yes ebid is a lot more work than some other sites, but with the potential fees you can save, it's certainly worth the extra effort
    Here's an idea of the savings, based on my actual sales.

Over the last two years, I have paid just over $25 to eBid for FVF.
    The amount I would have paid on TOS for those same sales is over $145!

This does not even consider the lower fees to PayPal because my prices can be lower here.

I will just add ... I am not a business seller ... just trying to clean out the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Here's an idea of the savings, based on my actual sales.

Over the last two years, I have paid just over $25 to eBid for FVF.
    The amount I would have paid on TOS for those same sales is over $145!

This does not even consider the lower fees to PayPal because my prices can be lower here.

I will just add ... I am not a business seller ... just trying to clean out the closet.
    And those savings relate directly to the thread title. If you want to create a business then costs are a major factor. If I could go back 10 years I would list on eBay and eBid in order to build the business, selling around 5% cheaper on eBid due to the lower fees. With the eBay sales I would be looking to migrate as many of those buyers over to eBid, giving them a 5% reduction when they buy and giving me 3% or more on my margins. If eBid had a higher sell through rate it would be an absolute no brainer to list on here, hopefully my latest efforts will get me that sell through so that I can come onto the threads here and elsewhere and say that yes, I run a successful eBid business that provides an income I can live on.

Thread Information