eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Listings undergoing Auto-Repost are not resubmitted to google" I s that correct?

View Phantomas's Feedback (+46)
    All-About Phantomas
    View Phantomas's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default "Listings undergoing Auto-Repost are not resubmitted to google" I s that correct?

Hi,
    I've been here for about 2 years with no success!
    I just ran a search on Google UK only to find that my items do not appear there, so I requested Google to approve my items.
    I just read on this link http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0032 that "Listings undergoing Auto-Repost are not resubmitted to Google."
    I just spent an hour changing all my listings from 10 to 0 reposts in order for Google to show my items on their search engine

My questions are
    1. Is this true?
    2. Will Google confirm their approval or do I have to run a search on Google UK to see if my items appear?
    3. Will changing auto repost from 10 to 0 make my listings show on Google UK search?
    4. Will I have to have my store approved by Google shopping for every country?

ebid is very frustrating it is the hardest places to sell online, don't get me wrong I really don't like ebay's fees but I don't have to spend sooo much time with my listings over there.

Thanking you all in advance
    Home decor - VW tin metal cars - 1900s Tin metal fire trucks
    http://phantomass-place.ebid.net/

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: "Listings undergoing Auto-Repost are not resubmitted to google" I s that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomas View Post
    My questions are
    1. Is this true?
    No. I made it up just to mess people about.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: "Listings undergoing Auto-Repost are not resubmitted to google" I s that correct?

I don't know about Google UK
    But I see 2 of your African lady statues on the general Google search:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...w=1024&bih=651

2nd & 3rd entry down the page (at time of viewing couple minutes ago)
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 1st October 2012 at 08:13 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know about the other questions, but per #4, I don't believe you need more than one Google store exemption per store in order for your listings to appear in Google shopping worldwide, someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomas View Post
    Hi,
    I've been here for about 2 years with no success!
    I just ran a search on Google UK only to find that my items do not appear there, so I requested Google to approve my items.
    I just read on this link http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0032 that "Listings undergoing Auto-Repost are not resubmitted to Google."
    I just spent an hour changing all my listings from 10 to 0 reposts in order for Google to show my items on their search engine

My questions are
    1. Is this true?
    2. Will Google confirm their approval or do I have to run a search on Google UK to see if my items appear?
    3. Will changing auto repost from 10 to 0 make my listings show on Google UK search?
    4. Will I have to have my store approved by Google shopping for every country?

ebid is very frustrating it is the hardest places to sell online, don't get me wrong I really don't like ebay's fees but I don't have to spend sooo much time with my listings over there.

Thanking you all in advance
    Auto reposts don't affect submissions to Google.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

My auto reposts from my original 10 are still showing on google.

I think you'll find that if after say 10 reposts (maximum allowed on eBid) the listing ends up in your unsold list. If you then tick the box in the unsold list to repost, the listing will be given a new auction id but won't be uploaded to Google as it's a repost with a new id.

I may be wrong.

Edit - Gazza answered first and has proved I am wrong.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    I don't believe you need more than one Google store exemption per store in order for your listings to appear in Google shopping worldwide, someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.
    Right...in a way. You only need the one exemption as you cannot list on Google Shopping/Products worldwide. Items have to be in the language and currency of the country specific site. So, to appear on the German Google Shopping site your listings would have to be written in German and priced in Euros.

Country-specific Requirements

• Product data must be in the target country's official language. If the country has multiple official languages, you can submit in any of these languages (be sure to select the same language in Merchant Center).
    • Landing pages (including product information) as well as the entire website have to be in the target country's official language.
    Ref: http://support.google.com/merchants/...swer=188484#GB
    Last edited by astral276; 1st October 2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added reference link.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Right...in a way. You only need the one exemption as you cannot list on Google Shopping/Products worldwide. Items have to be in the language and currency of the country specific site. So, to appear on the German Google Shopping site your listings would have to be written in German and priced in Euros.

Ref: http://support.google.com/merchants/...swer=188484#GB
    Thanks Mel, didn't know that.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I use 7 day listings with 10 auto reposts and they appear in Google. I have just checked a listing that has used 8 of the 10 auto reposts and it shows both on a general Google search and as the first result in Google shopping.

View Phantomas's Feedback (+46)
    All-About Phantomas
    View Phantomas's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Auto reposts don't affect submissions to Google.
    I wish people would post the right info...It's hard enough to sale things on this site
    Home decor - VW tin metal cars - 1900s Tin metal fire trucks
    http://phantomass-place.ebid.net/

Thread Information