Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tale of the None Paying Buyer

Default The Tale of the None Paying Buyer

Find a seat around the fire and listen to the tale of the Wiley and Slick None Paying Buyer or better known as the NPB.

I had to tell this one. It's just to good to pass up. A while ago I sold an item to a customer here that gave me a I'm not paying story. Now its not the none payment that makes this a funny tale. Its the matter of why they didn't pay. I sent the invoices, a couple of payment reminders and a message that said if they could not pay to please contact me, along with a nudge. After the nudge I got a reply. I quote. "I have been kicked off this site, so I am not going to pay for any more products that I won on bids. Please re-list the coin, and I hope you have good luck selling it. Sorry". Now this is a good excuse, but not all together true. I still see that this buyer (using the same ID) is still buying after they told me they were kicked off. If they had to fabricate a story, they should have used a better one. I guess some will go to extremes not to own up to their business obligations. What was a real shame is that this is the first time I left a neg feedback for anyone. I have always worked out these things with other customers who said they've made an error. But this blatant bologna left me no choice. I re-listed the coin and will ask for a FVF refund after the required time limit and will wait for another buyer. There are a lot of great buyers out there that can be trusted. But I guess there are some, who possess no ethics. But I had to tell the tale. It was just to good to pass up!

Have a great day
    Greg S
    Copper Locker
    Last edited by CopperLocker; 5th October 2012 at 05:09 AM.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The Tale of the None Paying Buyer

ah well. At least they did actually make contact, even if it were "just an excuse". Most NPBs don't.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    I quote. "I have been kicked off this site, so I am not going to pay for any more products that I won on bids. Please re-list the coin, and I hope you have good luck selling it. Sorry".....
    I still see that this buyer (using the same ID) is still buying after they told me they were kicked off.....
    I'd send them an email along the lines of;Great to see you've been re-instated.Would you like to pay for the item now?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I'd send them an email along the lines of;Great to see you've been re-instated.Would you like to pay for the item now?
    LOL!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I had a sale recently but the buyer made excuses about paying - and 'that the money was on its way to PayPal'
    The sale didn't complete because the buyer never paid.
    Now eBid keeps sending me an invoice for the sale even though it never completed?
    I sent repeated 'tickets' to eBid to ask what the statement fee is for but I have yet to receive any answer . . . ever!
    Anyone else had the same problem - or am I missing some less obvious guide-lines for failed transactions?

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cliffsebidgallery View Post
    ....or am I missing some less obvious guide-lines for failed transactions?
    Here.

http://uk.ebid.net/help_after.php#27
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Go to the help section of eBid. Here's the link http://us.ebid.net/help_after.php#9. There are a few steps to take to file a NPB. Sorry to hear about the business transaction. Hope everything work out!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Thanks for that - much appreciated: better response than from staff! eBid is lacking in customer support. How can users ever get to grips with procedures if staff don't respond to tickets. I keep hearing all the time about the lack of transparency and service with this company - and like many I have paid the 'life-time' fee and not had any sales yet.
    They must make procedures far clearer than they are at present!
    Thanks again for your help!

regards
    Cliff

Support IS very good here but it does state on the "contact us" page

Contact Us
    Due to the enormous workload and time gaps involved with dealing with email support, please be warned that if your request is for a query that is already covered within our FAQ pages or Community Forums your ticket will be placed to the back of the queue to allow us to tend to customers that have problems that cannot be sorted out via our FAQ pages

and as it is covered in the FAQ page that is why you might not have had a reply

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cliff. Click the help button at the top right of any page, then look on the left to see what the link above shows,..FAQ's and video help links.

There are hundreds of threads on the forum with helpful tips. You sound a bit frustrated, even after having been here 3 years, but procedures are quite well explained in several areas. If you have a question, ask in the forums, and people are happy to help.

The support staff here is second to none in how they respect sellers and buyers, listen to them, and are willing to implement what they feel are positive changes based on eBidders' suggestions. They get back to eBidders quickly on questions and problems that aren't covered elsewhere, and respond as real people, not just form letters.

Relax, look around, and enjoy the site. Good luck on your sales!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information