eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just was the target of a scam! Be cautious of this type of sale request

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I just was the target of a scam! Be cautious of this type of sale request

I would have had fun with them

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I just was the target of a scam! Be cautious of this type of sale request

My husband's aunt had the "loads of money in someone's will which must be yours" thing but it was snail mail.

I had so much trouble persuading her and her brother-in-law (who did all her money) that it was a scam. The basic fact that if someone in her family had died intestate she was not the oldest and so would not automatically inherit was ignored as they were blinded by ££££££. Eventually, when I pointed out that the the lawyer was claiming a degree from Stockholm University Denmark, I was believed!

Until that point they treated me like a child (I'm an OAP!).
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    I was just a target of a scam. Please see the email I set to ebid. Be very careful about this type of scam. They targeted one of my more expensive items. Anything to do with Nigera is a scam.

Email sent to Ebid.

I received notification of a sale. Auction # 68502429. You have struck off the buyer. I just received the email (below). An obvious scam. Thanks you Ebid for your diligence in weeding out the scammers.

EMAIL I RECEIVED
    Dear Shawn Woodley,
    My name is Rev. Dr. Philip XXXXXXX from New York. My colleague, Rev. Dr. Tony XXXXXXX who travelled to Nigeria on 3 weeks missionary journey is celebrating his 43rd year birthday on the 17th of October 2012, and I just PURCHASE your Mens 10 Karat Gold Masonic Ring With Onyx Stone 1363O-MAS Black Hills Gold at the BuyNow Price of C$499.95 on www.ebid.net.
    Urgently send me your Paypal account information’s to enable me make the payment immediately for you to ship the item to him in Nigeria and also add the cost of the shipping to Nigeria to the C$499.95 price and then tell me the total price so that you will receive your payment immediately.

I am urgently waiting to receive your reply to make the payment.

Regards,
    Rev. Dr. M. XXXXXX.
    NO, its not priests........Its Nuns! I got one yesterday.

This is Rev. Sis. *********** from United States, one of our colleague’s, Rev. Sis. ************** travelled to Nigeria on 3 weeks missionary journey program, and we just PURCHASE your Auction Watches (items) for GIFTS to all the Rev. Sister’s who attends the program. Vintage Ladies Gold Plated Smiths DeLuxe Wristwatch at a prices of £****, and we are requesting you calculate the cost of International shipments to Nigeria and email us the total amount to enable us urgently make the Paypal payment immediately. Also send us your Paypal email to make the payment.

We are urgently waiting to receive your reply to enable us make the payment so that you can ship the items immediately.

God, these ecclesiastical's are all at it. Where will it stop? even the popes butler cannot be trusted

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rev Sis pope prime minister Rednosty here Could you please send me all your passwords and Email addresses Today! to me Thank you

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rev Sis pope prime minister Rednosty here Could you please send me all your passwords and Email addresses Today! to me Thank you
    Youre going about it all wrong. Why mess about with email passwords and paypal?

This is a letter from the Queen of England. We require an instant delivery, by courier, of the complete positive balance of your bank accounts. Our head butler will meet you in a country lane behind Farmer Smiths cowshed, at which point you will deliver the money in non-sequential banknotes, in return for which you will receiver a knighthood guaranteed.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    Youre going about it all wrong. Why mess about with email passwords and paypal?

This is a letter from the Queen of England. We require an instant delivery, by courier, of the complete positive balance of your bank accounts. Our head butler will meet you in a country lane behind Farmer Smiths cowshed, at which point you will deliver the money in non-sequential banknotes, in return for which you will receiver a knighthood guaranteed.
    So that letters a scam?

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

What scam? how could you accuse the Queen of a scam? .
    *innocent expression*

On a serious note I once had great fun with one of these "send us all your bank details so that we can send you all this inheritance" scams.

I replied very politely thanking them for their message and how delighted I was that they had been so honest to let me know. I told them that I was part of an international fraud investigation team who were specifically investigating missing inheritances that seemed to have been stolen by internet spammers, and how I would be passing the details on to the rest of the team, who would be able to track them via thier email address and pay them a visit in person to collect my money, and to exonerate them from our investigations.

I had a frantic message back within the hour - that they had contacted the wrong person, their bank was currently changing address, and apologizing for contacting me, as they now realized I was the wrong person

mwahahahahahahahaha.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lovely!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    NO, its not priests........Its Nuns! I got one yesterday.

This is Rev. Sis. *********** from United States, one of our colleague’s, Rev. Sis. ************** travelled to Nigeria on 3 weeks missionary journey program, and we just PURCHASE your Auction Watches (items) for GIFTS to all the Rev. Sister’s who attends the program. Vintage Ladies Gold Plated Smiths DeLuxe Wristwatch at a prices of £****, and we are requesting you calculate the cost of International shipments to Nigeria and email us the total amount to enable us urgently make the Paypal payment immediately. Also send us your Paypal email to make the payment.

We are urgently waiting to receive your reply to enable us make the payment so that you can ship the items immediately.

God, these ecclesiastical's are all at it. Where will it stop? even the popes butler cannot be trusted
    I had TWO from Nigeria this morning - only thing was they actually "bought" two of my items (and are NO LONGER REGISTERED USERS) and these were the follow up instructions. What I want to know is - when did nuns start wearing fancy jewellery?

I was emailing my friend Gill when these popped into my Inbox and have told her if she sees on the news that a very dark blue cloud has appeared in part of South Lanarkshire, I'm the cause as these scumbags are getting the De Luxe version of my scam replies. I know I shouldn't but I have to say it gives me the utmost pleasure!
    Nancy
    Ceud ḿle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Forum Newbie
    All-About MuranoGlassArt
    View MuranoGlassArt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi

Anything like this is an automatic scam. These low lifes with either little or no intelligence think they can rip people off blind and nothing will be said about it. As a business owner, I get literally thousands of this type of scam email monthly which drive me nuts but all I do now is just delete and forget.

Dean

Thread Information