Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should BIN Purchase Require Immediate Payment?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, BIN Purchases Should Be Paid Immediaely

9 34.62%
  • No, BIN Purchases Should Not Be Paid Immediately

8 30.77%
  • The Current BIN Payment System Is Fine

6 23.08%
  • Buddy Points For BIN Purchases Should Be Awarded After Completed Payment

17 65.38%
  • Buddy Points To Buyer of BIN Should Continue To Be Awarded Immediately

1 3.85%
  • Buddy Points Earned By A NPB Should Be Removed

17 65.38%
  • A NPB Should Keep Their Earned Buddy Points From BIN Purchase

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BIN To BUDDY

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: BIN To BUDDY

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Your points are well taken. As I pointed out earlier in the post, it is a trend noticed. It does not involve 1 buyer. It involves an expensive item that is gaining buddy points for buyer(s) who have no intention of paying. If seller inadvertantly cancels the auction, because they are uncomfortable with leaving appropriate feedback, etc.; then it results in fraudulent buyer being rewarded and seller being punished. This is not right. Perhaps the poll responses and posts will bring about some needed changes in BIN payments.
    Ok so if thats the issue you are trying to stop, then simply delaying the buddy points allocation to the buyer till its marked as paid in the AAL should stop the points problem. No need to change how long a buyer has to pay on all BIN but the option to require immediate payment would be nice.
    Last edited by MelmacALF; 10th October 2012 at 07:46 AM.

On no account should buyers be forced pay BIN purchases immediately unless there was a seller option to opt out.

There would be a massive effect on multiple sales and goes against my policy to buyers of 'no rush for payment if you are still browsing through my shop'.

I look to increase sales not to decrease them.

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

Think a seller opt-in to immediate payment would be better if this happens, dont think immediate payment should be default when listing an item.

Quote Originally Posted by MelmacALF View Post
    Ok so if thats the issue you are trying to stop, then simply delaying the buddy points allocation to the buyer till its marked as paid in the AAL should stop the points problem. No need to change how long a buyer has to pay on all BIN but the option to require immediate payment would be nice.

I think this would solve your problem of people gaining buddy points without paying and still allow sellers who want multiple BIN purchases.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MelmacALF View Post
    I agree with the idea of delaying the buddy points.

I agree that BIN should have the OPTION, but not the requirement, for immediate payment (to make life easier for sellers who like to let their buyers shop around a bit and obtain multiple purchases.)

As an aside, I would also like to see buyers credited buddy points for a sale as long as they do NOT receive negative feedback. Some of my biggest sales have never left feedback, and even some old-time ebidders surprisingly do not leave feedback.....so I have missed out on buddy points that I feel are deserved. (end of pout for now)
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 10th October 2012 at 08:17 AM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like Dean, I often have multiple purchases so I want to be able to send an invoice combining postage.

I agree that non-payers should not be rewarded with buddy points
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I would rather not have immediate payment forced onto buyers. I have had buyers buy an item and contact saying that they would pay later when their pay clears but they just wanted to make sure the item was not sold to another bidder, I am happy with that as if they genuinely want an item they will usually pay. I would however like to see buddy points only awarded when the seller is marked as paid. It is possible for these people to purchase several items and then immediately get someting in a buddy point auction for nothing.

The number of non paying bidders does however seem to be increasing. They used to be pretty rare on eBid but I have had 2 myself recently and 4 in a month. I suppose like the attempted scams reported in the forums that we should take it as a sign that eBid is getting more widely recognised. The more sales we are making the more likely these things are likely to happen.

Some of my buyers make the purchase while at work then pay later when they get home, im happy with this.

Dont get many problems as most my buyers are sellers themselves and know what they are doing.

Forum Lurker
    View ZenKarma's Feedback (+61)
    All-About ZenKarma
    View ZenKarma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I would rather not have immediate payment forced onto buyers.
    Neither would I, for the simple reason that some buyers buy more than one item and would then await a combined invoice for the whole lot with ship/postage reductions for combined shipping. Enforcing immediate payment would cause real problems with that and I think a lot of sellers offer that option to their buyers.

However, there is a very simple solution that satisfies both viewpoints. Have an option for 'Immediate Payment' through Buy Now. Sellers can then decide for themselves if they wish to enforce this or not.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Like Dean, I often have multiple purchases so I want to be able to send an invoice combining postage.

I agree that non-payers should not be rewarded with buddy points
    Same here. I would like to see a delay on buddy points until payments have been made, that includes auction items as well as BIN's.

Thread Information