Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question to sellers here regarding ebid and buyers

Default Question to sellers here regarding ebid and buyers

There's absolutely no question that ebay's and amazon's systems are buyers biased. Buyers always win in any dispute at all.

Case in point. And please understand that I am not exaggerating at all. I swear on my mother's grave that this actually happened.

A buyer bought something from me on saturday night of labor day weekend. On sunday, he demanded that I ship it out immediately. Monday (labor day) he again made his demand. Tuesday morning as I was about to send out his item he left a negative feedback and demanded cancellation of the order. He later sent me an email proposing that if I send him the same item for free he will remove the negative feedback.

I called ebay and (1) ebay absolutely refused to remove the negative feedback and (2) ebay thought a free $80 new hard drive was fair trade for a negative feedback removed so it wasn't against their policy.

To the sellers on this site. Does ebid operate on the same level? I know ebid's official position will be they are fair, but so are amazon's and ebay's. Is ebid really fair or are they just another buyer's biased auction site?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Question to sellers here regarding ebid and buyers

That may happen on this site but it won't be successful.
    In answer to your question, eBid play fair for both the buyer and the seller on here. You can be assured that eBid are extremely fair if and when such dealings should happen on this site. They do not tolerate such behaviour and will do everything they can to either avoid it or correct it ie delete unwarranted negatives etc and at times will delete a person's membership. Feedback is editable should a transaction go south (or north) whichever way it happens.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I fully endorse what jewels says. I have never had any problem with buyers here; somehow this site seems to attract nicer and more honest members. You’ll find its much more friendly and if you do need to contact eBid support for anything, your reply will be a personal email addressing your problem not, like on some other sites, a standard reply.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are a number of advantages here for sellers over the dark side feedback system. Firstly you can still leave a neg! Secondly, eBid will almost always remove an unfair neg. I've had a several and they have all been removed. Typically they are left before you could possibly have delivered the item. These are removed.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

since I joined I have only had one problem like this and i think it was some rival comic book seller and ebid deleted the neg once an explanation of what had happen was sent to them and the buyer who left the neg soon disappeared.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Everybody is equal on eBid. A bad seller will lose if they ask for feedback to be removed, but will suceed if it is the buyer at fault. I have had two negatives removed on eBid where they were left without good reason, including one in India where the buyer wanted £2000 compensation for the late delivery of some £18.99 razor blades!

Even better is the fact that you will get a personal response if you have a problem, not some useless autoreply that is no use whatsoever.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buyers have to wait 7 days to leave a neg on eBay

and there is a report button and negs DO get removed.

I have had negs removed there several times.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post

and there is a report button and negs DO get removed.

I have had negs removed there several times.
    But on eBay it is less likely. And as well as negs there are the DSR's. I was low for item as described, which when you look at mine compared to some on there was ridiculous anyway. But I managed to discover that some of the low DSR's for description were from buyers who also claimed not to have recieved the item. I pointed out to eBay that if they had not recieved the item it was impossible to say whether it was as described or not. I was told to contact the buyers to rectify the DSR's. I did so and none were altered.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    OMG, really? Over "there", I've had a neg given the day after I sent out the item when the buyer couldn't possibly have received the item yet. I spent 2 hours on the phone with ebay and they refused to remove the neg claiming (1) it is not ebay's policy to see who's telling the truth and (2) the neg wasn't against their policy.

Ever since ebay took away sellers' right to neg, there's been an influx of unfair buyers. All you need to do is read their forum. Lots of sellers complaining about scammers posing as buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    But on eBay it is less likely. And as well as negs there are the DSR's. I was low for item as described, which when you look at mine compared to some on there was ridiculous anyway. But I managed to discover that some of the low DSR's for description were from buyers who also claimed not to have recieved the item. I pointed out to eBay that if they had not recieved the item it was impossible to say whether it was as described or not. I was told to contact the buyers to rectify the DSR's. I did so and none were altered.
    When that aforementioned labor day weekend buyer tried to get me to send him a free $80 hard drive for him to remove the negative feedback, I contacted ebay and ebay told me to contact him to resolve the issue. It was painful to talk to the ebay CR on the issue.

First of all, no offense to any Indian person. But why would the customer rep who is suppose to resolve issues between buyers and sellers be a person living in India who could barely speak English? It took me about 20 minutes to get her to understand what a big holiday weekend laborday weekend was for us Americans.

Added by edit.

By the way, here is the last email I got from that aforementioned buyer after I stood my ground and refused to send him a free $80 hard drive.

So I should bow down to you or give you a wipie for you winnie self duh this is my customer wishes I run a Company a really really big company and it's about profits and money as far as integrity I am not even gonna play that childish game as far as your family issues and your wreck I really could care less as for the person that decided to leave you the feedback well guess what Mr. Integrity Is was a Baptist Minister So if you are running a Money concept then in your absence have someone to do what needs to be done is all I can tell you Really need stop crying soooo much geeze no need to email anymore I really have nore challenging things to do besides baysit a grown crybaby Have A Good day
    Last edited by unclelamsgadgets; 18th October 2012 at 04:10 PM.

Thread Information