Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question to sellers here regarding ebid and buyers

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Question to sellers here regarding ebid and buyers

Quote Originally Posted by unclelamsgadgets View Post
    Yes and yes. I know what you're saying. Ebay policy says if the buyer cancels the transaction then the neg can be removed. Unfortunately, the buyer had that covered as well. We're not talking about any regular buyer. This guy knows the policies well.

I talked to ebay about this and ebay said ebay can only remove the neg after cancellation if the buyer wanted to cancel because he ordered by mistake. But since the buyer left the neg because I didn't ship it out or reply to his message in time, according to ebay the neg was just.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ft+by&ref=home

Try to guess which neg was for me.

My guess is he is a competitor of yours and wants to ruin your reputation. He undoubtedly sells under a different name.

I own a local business. Half of my income/revenue comes from online sales. I really really wish I could leave ebay for good, but for now I still sell on it to make a living. There's just not enough traffic on ebid yet. The items I've listed on ebid is a whole $10 less than what I list them for on ebay, and I'm still selling 10 more times on ebay than here.

Hopefully, traffic will pick up here.
    I am in the same boat with the same issue...I even enclose in every item shipped out to see my ebid store with 1,000's more items. It makes me scratch my head.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverDiecast View Post
    I am in the same boat with the same issue...I even enclose in every item shipped out to see my ebid store with 1,000's more items. It makes me scratch my head.
    If you want more exposure with possible sales, you need to have a good amount of 'live' sales ie 7 or 10 day listings with up to 10 auto relists. This way, your listings will rise to the top of eBid's list for all to see.
    RUS listings stay stuck at the bottom of the search list.

I read your Me Page - a little confusing but I think you have different policies for different stores?

On one store you don't accept returns at all.
    On another store you accept returns with a 15% restocking fee.

Somewhere in the middle you ask buyers to contact you if they are going to pay via Google because Google do not notify eBid of a payment. But you do receive an email from Google about a transaction and for you to sign in and handle it. So, you do get notification, one way or another.

Then somewhere near the bottom you state that if buyer does not wait for an invoice for combined items then you will not refund any extra shipping paid. eBid automatically sends a notice to buyers about their purchases and include payment buttons for them to pay and, especially newbies, they don't realize that by paying (separately) this way, they do not receive reduced shipping rates. It's best to place a seller notice on your listings for buyers to wait for a combined invoice which may include any discounts.

Hope this helps

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Buyers have to wait 7 days to leave a neg on eBay

OMG, really? Over "there"
    Yes...I had to leave a neg...went to leave it and got a big message on my screen saying I had to wait 7 days before I could do it.

This rule has been in place since sellers were stopped from leaving negs for buyers.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes and yes. I know what you're saying. Ebay policy says if the buyer cancels the transaction then the neg can be removed. Unfortunately, the buyer had that covered as well. We're not talking about any regular buyer. This guy knows the policies well.

I talked to ebay about this and ebay said ebay can only remove the neg after cancellation if the buyer wanted to cancel because he ordered by mistake. But since the buyer left the neg because I didn't ship it out or reply to his message in time, according to ebay the neg was just.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ft+by&ref=home

Try to guess which neg was for me.
    It's a shame this happened. Hindsight: if a buyer such as this wants to cancel, let them cancel, initiate an unpaid item strike then let the resolution center take over.
    Buyer was obviously a little upset with no response from you, the seller. I realize it was a holiday weekend and other issues arose but if we as sellers are offering our items 24 hours per day 7 days per week then we must be prepared to respond to buyers needs. A simple response from your ebay mobile app may have squelched this entire incident.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Somewhere in the middle you ask buyers to contact you if they are going to pay via Google because Google do not notify eBid of a payment. But you do receive an email from Google about a transaction and for you to sign in and handle it. So, you do get notification, one way or another.
    I recieve instant notification. I seem to recall that you have to set your Google account to charge the buyer instantly.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Moonwitch: It is dependant too much on who you are and who the seller is to be reliable, as with all their policies.

Jeweleffects: I think if you search power sellers unite for "Unfair Account Suspension on eBay" there is a thread that lists ways to get things done and as far as I can recall it is through email, so will not be costing you a fortune in phone calls just to get some idiots to do what they should be doing anyway.

But you have hit the one problem that, that company will always have, which is they are making rules on selling when they have no idea what they are talking about. They do not sell and generally ask some big company seller for advice, who has staff to answer calls and can ship any time and has a legal team to sort out feedback.

Good luck though as it is too much hard work for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverDiecast View Post
    3,359 diecast model cars

Only 2 have diecast in the title
    Only 1 has model in the title
    and only 206 have car.....

For a searcher in the US coming onto the ebid site for the first time - searching diecast model car - they will see all of 39 listings (none from your shop) in other words: not much to see and away they go....

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, OP, knowing what can happen over there, I am highly inclined to believe you. I have had some extraordinary things happen over there.

The reason for weekends/ holidays/ illnesses/ etc is why on both sites I quote a 3 working day dispatch time. More often than not I send the next working day, however because of working "on call" and doing theatre and modelling, and having health issues as well, I state three days sending time, so as to be on the safe side. I usually get to log in at some point in the day and all being well do so twice, so that at least I can answer messages, but I quote a longer dispatch time to cover myself.

Thread Information