Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ebid pictures what is good what is bad about them!

Default Ebid pictures what is good what is bad about them!

The good on ebid pictures is they are very easy to upload and they upload fast that is positive. The negative is you can't change the picture order easily and you can't select a gallery picture easily it is just the first one no little arrow thing to hit to move the pictures. Also there is no delete button for the pictures because sometimes the wrong picture gets uploaded if you have more than one picture it is hard to delete. Sometimes I will have a picture from another auction that I'm running show up in the auctions. Targeting a picture to delete is difficult.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid pictures what is good what is bad about them!

I have no problem with my pictures going only and exactly where I put them

I don't know what you're talking about
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sellingnow1982 View Post
    The good on ebid pictures is they are very easy to upload and they upload fast that is positive. The negative is you can't change the picture order easily and you can't select a gallery picture easily it is just the first one no little arrow thing to hit to move the pictures. Also there is no delete button for the pictures because sometimes the wrong picture gets uploaded if you have more than one picture it is hard to delete. Sometimes I will have a picture from another auction that I'm running show up in the auctions. Targeting a picture to delete is difficult.
    If you go into edit mode on your listing "Section 1" click on the 'less' button to the left and the images will disappear from the bottom upwards (depending on how many images you use) then just click the 'more' button again and it will take you to the image upload page where you will see your images still in the gallery area. Pick the image you want to show first and it will take you to the edit page again showing the 1st image, once again click on the 'more' button and go back to the image upload page, again, choose the 2nd image you want to be shown in that order and repeat the process for as many times as you need (up to 5 free images).

Hope this helps.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

she beat me to it - this is what I do as well when I have multiple pictures for a listing.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am currently updating all listings with a new item description and new images after buying a new camera to give far better pictures using macro and I have not experienced any issues in uploading images, selecting images or changing the order etc.

My only problem with images is the size that eBid sets which my images get shrunk down to automatically. My images tend to be quite large, but this is necessary for detail, so larger images are better especially when you can zoom in, and they are jpeg's so are small in file size so take no time in downloading on a page for those viewing, however, it would be nice if eBid could do something about zooming in on the images like they do on that other site. That way a customer can select and zoom in on an image to see all the detail that was originally intended to be seen especially when you are trying to give customers a better view of paint applications and details. My new images via my new camera are wasted on eBid with the current way images are displayed with no ability to zoom in on the original size image that is originally uploaded.

When I view my own listings from the customers' prospective my images are small and not so good at showing off details and paint applications unlike over on that other site where customers can zoom in as they have access to the size of the original image that is uploaded. Is there anyway eBid could address this as better images help generate sales when a customer is able to see a decent image which they can zoom in on so can see details etc. better, especially any imperfections there may be on an item. My new images on eBid obviously still look far better than the older images but customers are missing out on so much detail via the new images on my eBid listings because they shrunk down with no zoom in option.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid are 'supposed' to be introducing a zoom feature (as was promised when the new site was launched). Whether it will ever actually materialise is another matter.

Self hosting the large resolution images and including/linking to them in your listing is currently your only option.

Thread Information