eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Auctions on eBid, run till sold...

Forum Newbie
    View Jawa42's Feedback (+2)
    All-About Jawa42
    View Jawa42's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default First Auctions on eBid, run till sold...

I wasn't sure if "time remaining" auction was best or not, so i used "Run till Sold" what is better?

Eric

Default Re: First Auctions on eBid, run till sold...

Quote Originally Posted by Jawa42 View Post
    I wasn't sure if "time remaining" auction was best or not, so i used "Run till Sold" what is better?

Eric
    Hi Eric, Welcome to eBid. Much better to do 10 automatic reposts as the 'Run until Sold' will keep your items at the bottom of the lists. You will get noticed more if your items rise to the top.

Also why not offer overseas postage it might increase your sales ? I can't see your listings at the moment as I'm in the U.K. and would have to go over to eBid USA to look at them.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Jawa42
    View Jawa42's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cornishmaid, I'm learning Something already, I think its hard to know the prices to ship overseas is why I keep it to one area... however noticing there just not enough Buyers here yet I may have a better chance to sell if i do offer overseas shipping. Wonder if i can Re-Edit my auctions...

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can always use bulk edit for changes. Welcome to eBid!

Cornishmaid, I'm learning Something already, I think its hard to know the prices to ship overseas is why I keep it to one area... however noticing there just not enough Buyers here yet I may have a better chance to sell if i do offer overseas shipping. Wonder if i can Re-Edit my auctions...
    Yes no problem to edit, just open a listing and you will see the edit/close button under seller options at the top. I expect someone from the USA will be along soon that can tell you about using a postage calculator over there. Not much good me giving advice on that as I'm the other side of the pond !

Hi, Eric, welcome!

I just use the shipping calculator on eBid for international shipping. Just put in the weight and your handling fee, and the calculator does the rest. And tick the countries you want to ship to. A large portion of my sales are international though my US sales are growing.

I would put more information in my titles such as author of the book and maybe if it's soft or hardcover.

Most important, It may be slow getting started but it's worth the wait.

Best of luck!

Forum Newbie
    All-About Jawa42
    View Jawa42's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have looked at postage calculator here for the US but it seems a Bit High in charges, i cant see why anyone would want a $1.00 book and pay $10 + for shipping overseas, Unless its a rarity or must have.. I think there are cheaper rates but the USPS isn't showing it.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Jawa42
    View Jawa42's Listings
    Forum Posts

Packrat, I do not know how the ebid calculator actually works, does it have the combined costs from all of the countries into it? sometimes its tough for me to tell how much my stuff weighs without having to drive all the way over to the PO. may have to have a electronic weight scale...

Eric

Forum Newbie
    All-About Jawa42
    View Jawa42's Listings
    Forum Posts

I now have them running at 7 day auctions no reserve and relist 10 times. but I still kept it within the USA as for now till i can come up with a better concept on International shipping, Seems it has gone up in prices.

Eric

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I now have them running at 7 day auctions no reserve and relist 10 times. but I still kept it within the USA as for now till i can come up with a better concept on International shipping, Seems it has gone up in prices.

Eric
    Sounds good. I use Priority Mail shipping for small parcels (as jewelry) and 1st class international rate for books, (wish there was a media mail rate for overseas as there is for domestic parcels, as I'd use that). I agree, international shipping is pricey, but a good half of my sales have been to overseas buyers, so you might want to offer international shipping and let the buyer decide whether or not he wants the item.

Just my 2 cents...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information