Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok I give in whats the best computer

Default Ok I give in whats the best computer

I am going to get a new PC from curry's is HP the best one, I will need a new monitor as well as this monitor belongs to Mike.

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ok I give in whats the best computer

I think if you stick to any of the major brands you will be OK. Just shop for features you want and price.

There's no such thing as a "best computer". There is only a computer that will do what you need it to or many that won't.

Ideally you should start by working out what it is you want the computer to do. Are you expecting to run software that requires loads of memory - such as high end graphics/photo editing programs - or something that requires a powerful processor - such as rendering software - or just something huge and sprawling that would require lots of hard drive space - like anything from Microsoft?

In general you should go for the best machine you can afford that has a fast processor, lots of hard drive space and loads of RAM (memory), BUT if all you do is surf the net and write a few emails, then you don't need a top spec machine and shouldn't spend a huge amount of money on getting one.

Whatever you go for, just remember to work out your needs and then get something slightly better so that you have room to expand.

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had 3 dells in the past 15-20 years.
    Last year due to their questionable service I decided to change, and change I did with no regrets so far.
    A company called Systemax based in Ohio USA, put together various systems according to one's needs.
    I did lots of research, finally deciding on them, they are a branch of Tiger Direct's computer sales online.
    Needing some info that wasn't provided I called and very happily was able to understand who I was talking to,
    they answered my questions, then I ordered one.
    Came on time, ready to go, everything worked and still is.
    I had questions after receiving this computer, called and got all of them answered clearly.
    Just my experience with a company in my opinion is top shelf.

Also anyone who needs any questions answered regarding computer's here is an excellent link
    http://forums.techguy.org/

Hope this helps someone
    Jim

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcjigs View Post
    I've had 3 dells in the past 15-20 years.
    Last year due to their questionable service I decided to change, and change I did with no regrets so far.
    A company called Systemax based in Ohio USA, put together various systems according to one's needs.
    I did lots of research, finally deciding on them, they are a branch of Tiger Direct's computer sales online.
    Needing some info that wasn't provided I called and very happily was able to understand who I was talking to,
    they answered my questions, then I ordered one.
    Came on time, ready to go, everything worked and still is.
    I had questions after receiving this computer, called and got all of them answered clearly.
    Just my experience with a company in my opinion is top shelf.

Also anyone who needs any questions answered regarding computer's here is an excellent link
    http://forums.techguy.org/

Hope this helps someone
    Jim
    Thanks Jim, bookmarked the Tech Guy site and love it, haven't asked questions myself but have read through some of the questions asked by others, seems like this guy really knows his stuff.

Not sure how it stacks up against others, but I love my Toshiba laptop, I've had it 5 years now without a major issue, knock wood...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I just joined as well sues
    I love the way he answers questions, thorough but not so techie that the average Luddite (like me) can't understand what he's saying.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

No such thing as best PC, depends what you want it for, id say decide if you want a laptop/desktop first, if you want a BIG screen etc etc

It could be that your printer/scanner etc might not work with vista/7/8

Good time of year to be buying tho, coming up to xmas with sales etc

Windows 8 is very differant to xp/7, if you dont like the big button "mobile" look, I belive you can get to a normal looking desktop with 1 click.

desk top, I don't like lappys, Mike is going to get a norton antivirus fist and shove it in, I think the symantec corporate one may have been a bit over the top for my little old girl.
    I normally buy packard bell computers but I think the have gone over to NEC, none round this neck of the woods anyway.

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

Id uninstall existing norton and then run the norton removal tool (both while disconected from online) before trying to install new internet security software.
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/nort...=1&lg=en&ct=us

Thread Information