Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Shipping and handling charges

Forum Newbie
    All-About vally18
    View vally18's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Shipping and handling charges

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i have one room at home half full of boxes all sizes various mountains of bubble wrap newspaper parcel tap, ect ect then in the office printer, small envolopes, large envolopes bubble envolopes signed for tickets air mail tickets invoices in/out customs forms, all takes space but saves time , youl know after a while roughly what will go in what and for how much you dont close a box till its sold because you might be combining a order or it never sells or you remove it from sale, ect above all you need stock to service stock !
    Hello Sid,
    Again, thanks so much for sharing your tips.
    I guess like you said, best thing is to get ahold of a bunch of supplies to keep on hand, enough to cover at least most of the inventory items I currently have...I don't have too much inventory as I am just starting out, so that shouldn't cost me that much. Boxes I'll find for free, etc. And I agree...I need supplies on hand and readily available. Like you said, in time I'll develop the confidence and knowledge to get a good feel for what I'll use and how much I'll need for an item. I guess there's always a learning curve.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Enjoy your weekend!

Vally

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vally18 View Post
    Hello Sid,
    Again, thanks so much for sharing your tips.
    I guess like you said, best thing is to get ahold of a bunch of supplies to keep on hand, enough to cover at least most of the inventory items I currently have...I don't have too much inventory as I am just starting out, so that shouldn't cost me that much. Boxes I'll find for free, etc. And I agree...I need supplies on hand and readily available. Like you said, in time I'll develop the confidence and knowledge to get a good feel for what I'll use and how much I'll need for an item. I guess there's always a learning curve.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Enjoy your weekend!

Vally
    your welcome Vally
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Lurker
    View mjs1859's Feedback (+321)
    All-About mjs1859
    View mjs1859's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree that we have to be accurate. I tried to ship something international and my scale is not that great so I just ordered a new one to be more exact. I found out the hard way. I was 1 1/2 ounces over the limit of 4lbs. The price for shipping went up over $20 for that 1 1/2 ounces. So we went back home to repackage and we were able to ship just by using smaller box. So I ordered a bunch of boxes to have on hand. We need to get the box as small as possible that can safely transport the product. This will depend if breakable or non breakable.

Thread Information