Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PayPal Green Dot MoneyPak

Forum Newbie
    View kubwajack7's Feedback (+11)
    All-About kubwajack7
    View kubwajack7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: PayPal Green Dot MoneyPak

New on eBid yesterday but 11 years on eBay using PayPal. Why can't I pay for an auction with paypal if my buyer is also in the USA and he accepts PayPal . From what I am reading about this Green Dot makes me see a RED Dot. I may have to default on my very first auction in my life because the rules were not explained at joining. Oh Well !

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ajax....paypal is paypal, and you can use it to pay for your item if the buyer takes paypal. I'd guess most do,. You don't have to use green dot....I think it is an optional way to add additional funds to your paypal account.

TexAda...it says right on your SS card that it is NOT to be used as a form of identification........so I sure wouldn't send a copy.......
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 1st January 2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajax1944 View Post
    New on eBid yesterday but 11 years on eBay using PayPal. Why can't I pay for an auction with paypal if my buyer is also in the USA and he accepts PayPal . From what I am reading about this Green Dot makes me see a RED Dot. I may have to default on my very first auction in my life because the rules were not explained at joining. Oh Well !
    Welcome to eBid, Ajax. I'm glad to hear you've had maybe 11 years on the other place using PayPal. Here on eBid, PayPal is but one form of payment acceptable. I believe, TO STRETCH THE POINT, buyer and seller can agree to use almost anything to conduct a transaction, such as postage stamps, chocolate, Google Wallet, money orders, or whatever both sides agree.

The Green Dot item I was discussing at the beginning of the thread is something you can buy in brick and mortar stores with CASH, and supposedly spend the balance on the plastic card you get in return anywhere. But I was having trouble with PayPal for them to accept my Green Dot money.

After several phone calls (a lot of time on hold), and asking for an agent's supervisor, I was ALLOWED to give PayPal my money and all is well now, apparently.

Ajax, you will never have to come near a Green Dot Moneypak if you don't want to. It's not at all a requirement to buy and sell on eBid. Good luck to you.

Thread Information