Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: limiting new members

Default limiting new members

It's been such a long time since I last used the facility that I don't know how to do it any more, or even if it is still available for sellers. You used to be able to only allow bids from buyers with a minimum of a certain number of feedbacks.
    Does anyone know if this is still available? and if so, how?
    thanks xx

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: limiting new members

Quote Originally Posted by inchworm View Post
    It's been such a long time since I last used the facility that I don't know how to do it any more, or even if it is still available for sellers. You used to be able to only allow bids from buyers with a minimum of a certain number of feedbacks.
    Does anyone know if this is still available? and if so, how?
    thanks xx
    i think that function bit the dust
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

had a feeling it had, but was hoping i'd just missed something.
    Will have to keep emailing new bidders then and hope that they reply.
    Thanks sidthelamp

Even if this facility is available I would not consider using it. Over 90% of my buyers are new to eBid and therefore have zero feedback. As with any site you get the odd non payer, no worse than anywhere else and probably a lot fewer on here than most. So all you are likely to do is to reduce your sales.

I don't get many sales anymore tbh, and i'm not a big seller.
    over the years I have had many new bidders, but lately I seem to be getting the ones who don't know how to reply to an email regarding either payment or their postal address, or even decide to unregister as a member after paying and then don't reply to my email when I ask if they want to continue or have a refund.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inchworm View Post
    I don't get many sales anymore tbh, and i'm not a big seller.
    over the years I have had many new bidders, but lately I seem to be getting the ones who don't know how to reply to an email regarding either payment or their postal address, or even decide to unregister as a member after paying and then don't reply to my email when I ask if they want to continue or have a refund.
    i dont know give em a inch and they take a mile
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Even if this facility is available I would not consider using it. Over 90% of my buyers are new to eBid and therefore have zero feedback. As with any site you get the odd non payer, no worse than anywhere else and probably a lot fewer on here than most. So all you are likely to do is to reduce your sales.
    Agreed.

I have had several zero feedback buyers recently, all of whom have paid promptly, several of whom ahve made multiple buys.
    I would not dream of limiting them.
    In fact the one non-payer I had of late, was someone with other ebid feedback already!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Ditto this.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View caramia64's Feedback (+399)
    All-About caramia64
    View caramia64's Listings
    Forum Posts

totally agree , most of my recent buyers have had zero feedback , yes you take a chance if they pay or not , but to be honest its still worth a gamble! Generally I find those who do not pay on same day as purchase , often fail to do so despite emails etc.

Thanks for your comments, ok so you wouldn't use it if it were to be available again. That's fine and it's your choice of course

I have used it before, and it wasn't a problem for me, I still had new buyers, they left a message for me, asking if i'd allow them to bid, i then knew that they were not time wasters and altered the listing to allow the bid. I suppose it's all down to personal choice.
    I don't sell on here as a business, i sell items i no longer need or use, and a few items i got at a discounted price so i pass on some savings for people who may be looking for that item, whilst sometimes making a small profit for myself. I don't have regular buyers, just occasional ones, but am happy to sell to anyone if they are genuine because I don't have time to chase around after people. If it were my business then I would of course have the time to do so.
    Having said that, i have been on ebid for almost 9 years, and seen A LOT of changes over those years. I was a regular participant (selling and buying) of the ydc (admittedly, when it was mainly for funny and unusual items - who remembers the minkleberry von tacky handbaaaag?) and anyone who knows me on here, knows i'm not a difficult person. I just wanted to use an old facility that suited me just fine when I last used it.

all the best, and happy new year to you all,
    Jo xx

Thread Information