Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can i use a brand name

Angry can i use a brand name

I am selling Segway type scooters on Ebid, i have been told i cannot use Segway because its a brand name by a member, is this correct even though i stipulate Segway TYPE, i have changed the title for now but i feel its unfair. I have been trying to Email Ebid but cant find how to do it, after all if you were looking for a segway you would write segway in the search box, chegway is an alternative but who knows what they are. and 2 wheel scooter could mean anything.
    I sell on Feebay and use Segway type without any problems, ...i have also taken off a link that showed a video of the scooter, but because it linked to an agents web site i was adviced to pull it.
    can someone from admin advice me.

Default Re: can i use a brand name

support@ebid.net , the contact us link is at the bottom of every page and in the 'help' section at the top of the page.

It says in the eBid rules :-
    Items with brand names not associated with the product in the title of description

• E.g. Do not mention Nike or Adidas in the title or description if your product isn't made by them.

As far as I am aware the same rule applies on the bay unless they have changed it since I left.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 22nd December 2012 at 04:30 PM.

I don't see how you can put segway type as the make/brand as it isn't a segway.

The same goes for anyone selling a cheaper version of something. If it isn't brand x then don't mention brand x.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

No you can't, it's against the trades description act.

Otherwise the "Trotter brothers" would advertise their "Robin Reliant" as the "Rolls Royce" of three wheelers.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonOne View Post

Otherwise the "Trotter brothers" would advertise their "Robin Reliant" as the "Rolls Royce" of three wheelers.
    Or their Reliant Robin even!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post

In fact is wasn't that. It was a Reliant Regal

Quote Originally Posted by forcrohnsresearch View Post
    I am selling Segway type scooters on Ebid, i have been told i cannot use Segway because its a brand name by a member, is this correct even though i stipulate Segway TYPE
    Except that now you can't seem to decide whether it is a Freego or a Chegway.

I would also be concerned about importing it from China. What if it is stopped at customs? Seems to me that with a value of over £1,000 the duty charge is going to be pretty high - or do you pay that?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

You're right,well spotted !

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonOne View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    In fact is wasn't that. It was a Reliant Regal

Otherwise the "Trotter brothers" would advertise their "Reliant Regal" as the "Rolls Royce" of three wheelers

Happy Now............I still think "Robin Reliant" rolls off the tongue better.

I have been importing and exporting from China for a year..never had a problem apart from Russia they will not allow batteries in. As for the Duty we always put $400 on the CI so the duty is about £50 to UK.
    As for the other comments about not allowing the use of Segway....Chegway is the trade name for a Segway copy but not everyone knows that ...obviously, there is nothing wrong with writing "this item is the rolls royce of items" meaning its the best, Rolls royce are not going to chase me for using their name infact its good publicity.
    If i said to you i sell Chegway scooters or 2 wheel scooters you would be none the wiser, however if i said a Segway Type scooter, you would know exactly what i meant.
    I understand why this rule applies and i am all for it, but telling somone it is a "type" does not imply i am selling a Segway Scooter.
    For example if you saw a cool sports car but didnt know its name, and you said it was a farrari type thing we would know exactly what you meant......common sense realy

Thread Information