My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Shipping using paypal and expedited parcel

Default Shipping using paypal and expedited parcel

I've been selling on Ebay for years (but I'm new here on Ebid) and I use paypal to pay for and print my shipping labels using expedited parcel. As far as I know paypal uses eBay's business number so that sellers could use the expedited parcel option.

I would like to know if I will still be able to use expedited parcel through paypal when i sell something here on Ebid? Will they use Ebid as the business so that i could use this shipping option? thanks

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Shipping using paypal and expedited parcel

Not sure what Expedited Parcel is. I suspect it's a Canadian thing. I'm in the U.S.

Yes, PayPal is great for buying and printing postage for shipping things sold here on eBid. Just go to "Multi Order Shipping" even if you have only one item to send. Paypal even gives a discount on USPS shipping compared to buying it at a Post Office window, so I will continue patronizing them.

They also create packing slips for you if the item is bought using PayPal. If for instance your customer pays with Google or some other provider, you can still print PayPal postage labels but you will have to create your own packing slip.

I suppose the quickest way to see if you can use expedited parcel is simply to go to PayPal and begin the usual process for buying a shipping label. See if Expedited Parcel is an option. Possibly expedited parcel is a separate company like United Parcel (I'm ignorant) so of course it wouldn't be.
    Last edited by TexasAda; 15th January 2013 at 04:13 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent question, not sure of the answer myself, (never heard of expedited parcel either). I know you can use Paypal, as Ada stated, for postage and shipping labels, not sure beyond that. You might want to contact support: support@ebid.net as they should be able to answer this.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Expedited parcel is a shipping service offered by Canada Post for their customers in Canada. It is available within Canada and to the USA with no other countries supported.

PayPal shipping labels offers a 25% discount off Expedited Parcel Canada Post over the counter rates. Because of the way it is calculated, it is closer to a 20-21% discount. Still a significant savings.

When you sell on eBay, you can automatically go to the PayPal shipping labels with pre-filled information of the buyers name address and dimensions and weight leaving little to enter for data. I do not know it eBid does this pre-fill.

If not, a Canadian PayPal customer can access the lower rates anytime to ship anything (personal goods like Christmas presents) by using the PayPal ShipNow option. You cannot find this in the PayPal menu system so simply use the following URL address in your browser to login into PayPal and access the ShipNow function.

www.PayPal.ca/shipnow

This will redirect you to the appropriate PayPal option which looks different than the above shortcut.

PS PayPal USA customers can also use the ShipNow option to use PayPal shipping discounts for any selling site as well as personal items.

A note for Canadian Sellers: If you have a business license, Canada post will give you the same discount if you sign up as a Venture 1 Client. You can print labels on the Canada Post website without 'patronizing' Paypal. Bleep to PP.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use the Paypal Shipping Center to purchase labels for non-Bay s/h; also use it if person does not pay via Paypal. It is accessed on Paypal in shipping services.

Thread Information