eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Please Everyone Get Behind This!!!!!!!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please Everyone Get Behind This!!!!!!!

This is one of the "problems" with an auction site.

You cannot force all sellers to be good sellers, list 7 days with 10 auto runs, list at competitive prices, make sure they have profile, promote on social media, make sure they don't use all caps etc etc.

You are dealing with thousands of individual people.

As regards wild prices you only have to check a few products on Google Shopping and there are often HUGE variations on sites other than ebid.

We all know that we are dealing with thousands of sellers, and we all know how much better it would be for all of us if we could turn them all into good sellers. Alas all we can do is to keep on trying to get the message home to as many as possible, be it not listing everything on RUS, using keywords or being competitive on price, where I generally recommend being at least 5% cheaper than what you have/would list on eBay for.

Forum Newbie
    View Livingx1's Feedback (+301)
    All-About Livingx1
    View Livingx1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been moving my expired listings from feebay to here for the last few days and will be really happy when they are all over here. Most of my friends have never heard of ebids so I am doing my best to get the word out. I will be finished with the other site before the end of Feb 2013. Am doing my best to get others to come over also!

are you going to advertise this on the ebay forums on facebook and other sites ? I would a in time ebay will be for the big boys only and they are a complete joke with the rules and the fees the more we tell people about ebid the better ebid.net not .com by the way and many sells to all

GREAT DEALS IN ALL MY STORES ON EBID

JOIN EBID HERE
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/412775

http://exeterdvd.ebid.net/ For Great DVD Romance Childrens Drama TV Shows And More

http://exeterbooks.ebid.net/ For Great Audio Books

http://exetercd.ebid.net/ For great deal on CD's

Forum Newbie
    All-About TinkersShop
    View TinkersShop's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DandC_Warehouse View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/events/362294007202871/

A mass ebay walkout for end of Feb..

Join and invite all your friends and tell them about ebid!!!!!

the more people from here that join it the more success it will be!

thanks
    I have signed up--- and I listed my first items on ebid today! After 14 years with ebay, I have had enough!

Did you join after seeing the Facebook event?

Quote Originally Posted by TinkersShop View Post
    I have signed up--- and I listed my first items on ebid today! After 14 years with ebay, I have had enough!
    Just had a quick look at your listings. They look good but you might be better on 7-10 day listings with 10 auto reposts. RUS listings stay at the bottom of the eBid pages and can result in fewer views and sales.

Forum Newbie
    View agnqtech's Feedback (+35)
    All-About agnqtech
    View agnqtech's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wish this movement the best of luck. I've advertised this on my Facebook page and have completely switched from eBay completely. They finally dropped the straw that broke my back last night (lost a part and the money for the part because of eBay's insanity). So I'm not looking back and I am 100% eBid from here on out.
    My eBid Store: http://agnq-tech-store.ebid.net/

Constantly posting new hardware to my store. If you are looking for something not listed, give me a shout and I'll see what price I can get it for you.

Good to see some great new sellers joining eBid. Keep on spreading the word, the more the better. It might take a while to get as well known as eBay, but eBid is slowly but surely getting there, and the more of the good sellers we can move from eBay to eBid the better, it will speed things up and bring the variety, competition and sales that we need.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

One reason that i still use Ebay to sell is because i use it to promote my activities on Ebid and i have enjoyed moderate success in attracting one or two buyers to come here.
    I'm not entirely certain that Ebay really needs the assistance of any sellers to make it a troublesome and on the whole hit and miss selling venue, they are working towards this as a site themselves.

My advice is that all Ebid sellers should use Ebay to their advantage ....namely as a venue to promote this site and to spread the word that there is a growing and very viable alternative.

Thread Information