Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Got photos uploaded but the wrong photo is in the 'gallery' position - aka 1st photo

Question Got photos uploaded but the wrong photo is in the 'gallery' position - aka 1st photo

Greetings all! I'm quasi new here - though I've dabbled with listings here before haven't sold anything yet and other listings only had 1 photo on them. Now I'm trying this one last time - but my listings have multiple images and when I upload them - the initial photo showing with the listing in the search results is always not the main photo that I need to show there (always a 'detail' photo so that the person searching for this item may not understand what is shown).

My question - in eBay - there is a way to 'cycle' your photos so they are shown in the proper order - meaning I can get just the proper photo into the 1st slot where it shows up in the search results. Is there a way to do that on eBid? I've searched and don't see it - even checking the help links posted in the forums for photo uploading troubles that have been posted. I searched for this exact problem and no one has reported it - so apparently everyone else has figured this out but me!

Any help would be appreciated - I'm gonna give this one more try to sell items on - until April - and then I'll see where I'm at compared to eBay sales. I love that the WYSIWYG editing allows much more freedom than eBay's - so I hope this takes off here.

God bless!

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Got photos uploaded but the wrong photo is in the 'gallery' position - aka 1st ph

Try it this way:

My ebid/

My trading/

Selling/

Auctions I'm running/

select one fo your listings

Seller Options/Edit-Close/Photos/

Delete all your photos if they're in the wrong order. Then reload them making sure your favorite is physically at the top of the list of photos.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Got photos uploaded but the wrong photo is in the 'gallery' position - aka 1st ph

What Ada said. I've had to move pix around a few times myself in order to get the right one showing first, you're not alone.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thanks all - I just upload the images as they are - and then I find the photo I want at the top and copy / paste the code from the top spot into a notepad doc and put the code from the photo i want in the top spot and then paste the other photo that was in the top spot into the place where I took the other one from. (If that makes sense you all get 5 stars!) I've tried using the photo uploader and choosing the 1st photo I want in the proper order and for some reason this doesn't work so its easier to just 'move them' when I get them up there.

Thanks so much - was getting a bit discouraged! Now if I could find an eBid android app that would let me post from my phone that would be great - rather than having to snap pics and then take photos off phone and put them on auctions using my puter! Can't have everything though I guess.

I hope my things sell - I plan to give this until April to see how it fares against eBay sales - I'd rather sell through this forum than eBay.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always load my main pic last.
    i.e. if you have 5 pix, they appear in the reverse order of loading, therefore the last one added in the list becomes your main photo.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somegreatstuff View Post
    Thanks all - I just upload the images as they are - and then I find the photo I want at the top and copy / paste the code from the top spot into a notepad doc and put the code from the photo i want in the top spot and then paste the other photo that was in the top spot into the place where I took the other one from. (If that makes sense you all get 5 stars!) I've tried using the photo uploader and choosing the 1st photo I want in the proper order and for some reason this doesn't work so its easier to just 'move them' when I get them up there.

Thanks so much - was getting a bit discouraged! Now if I could find an eBid android app that would let me post from my phone that would be great - rather than having to snap pics and then take photos off phone and put them on auctions using my puter! Can't have everything though I guess.

I hope my things sell - I plan to give this until April to see how it fares against eBay sales - I'd rather sell through this forum than eBay.
    Glad you got this sorted. According to eBid an app is in the works, not sure when it will be available though.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Lurker
    Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View emdiecast's Feedback (+28)
    All-About emdiecast
    View emdiecast's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to have my photos in an order I didn't want, the way I get round it is like this:
    1, Upload all the photos
    2, on the listing page select 'Choose Photo' (This will take you to where the photos are stored)
    3, Select the photo you want to be shown first (tick in the 'Use' box) and then click the blue button 'Use selected image(s)'
    That will place the selected photo as the main picture.
    I then click on the Blue 'More' button in the photos section and either put the rest of the pictures in one at a time if I want a specfic order, or select all the remaining pictures if the order doesn't matter.

This all makes perfect sense to me, I hope it does to anyone reading it.

Thread Information