eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Store Categories

Forum Newbie
    View agnqtech's Feedback (+35)
    All-About agnqtech
    View agnqtech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Store Categories

I would imagine that your store should be in the category related to what you are selling or can/should you put your store in as many categories as you can? I ask because the top listed store in the US eBid site for the computing category has 14k things listed and several on the front page have nothing to do with computing (eg. a microware). The seller has a -1 feedback rating so I'm guessing something is fishy but I thought I'd ask first. Because if this is ok I could see where it would be advantageous to put your store in categories where you'd be ranked higher for more visibility.

Thanks.
    My eBid Store: http://agnq-tech-store.ebid.net/

Constantly posting new hardware to my store. If you are looking for something not listed, give me a shout and I'll see what price I can get it for you.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Store Categories

Hi and welcome to eBid.

IMHO it's pretty much a matter of seller preference, some sellers prefer to have stores with many different categories of items in them while some prefer to organize their stores with fewer categories, (if you have many more of one category of items than others). I've organized mine with fewer categories, so books are in one store, jewelry in another, etc., as IMHO it makes it easier for buyers to find what they're looking for (and easier for me to keep track of listings) but to each his or her own.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Default Re: Store Categories

Quote Originally Posted by agnqtech View Post
    I would imagine that your store should be in the category related to what you are selling or can/should you put your store in as many categories as you can? I ask because the top listed store in the US eBid site for the computing category has 14k things listed and several on the front page have nothing to do with computing (eg. a microware). The seller has a -1 feedback rating so I'm guessing something is fishy but I thought I'd ask first. Because if this is ok I could see where it would be advantageous to put your store in categories where you'd be ranked higher for more visibility.

Thanks.
    The majority of items that the store in question has does seem to be computer related. I didn't look that much, but that was my opinion based on their first couple of pages. In that case the store itself is in the right place under computers.

However, that microwave you mentioned is listed under computers which is not allowed. You can report the listing and if there are multiple listings this applies to (and I believe that will be the case - it looks although everything has been dumped in one category under computers) then check the multiple listing box when you are reporting. Listings will be removed if they are in the wrong category.

Thread Information