eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How were your sales for January 2013?

Forum Newbie
    View Capitalmale's Feedback (+524)
    All-About Capitalmale
    View Capitalmale's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How were your sales for January 2013?

How was everyone's January 2013 sales?

After a decent December, January 2013 was the best month for me since July 2012 - 36 listing that were a mix comics and action figures had buyers. Sadly none were on this site, but hopefully that will change in 2013. Plus, I had a few people actually buy multiple comics from me - which is something that rarely happens.

Part of that is that I spent a lot of time in December making new auctions for comics I purchased from people in 2012, and getting some free Buy It Now listing from other sites.

The bulk of the dollar volume was new action figures, but I was glad to see mail out a good number of comics.

Default Re: How were your sales for January 2013?

Actually my sales for January 2013 were comparable to January 2012. But like you, my sales were not on this site ... still hopeful that will change soon.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

My sales on eBid were very good - 90+ items sold on each of my two accounts. Not huge value but then I don't sell expensive things.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

It was an excellent January for me compared to last year. I am well happy.
    February has started good for me too.

Second best month on eBid, best was December. Compared to last year about 150% up on items sold and 300% in value due to a few big ticket items. So far February is looking good as well with sales every day.

For you USA sellers I think you are possibly a little behind the UK at the moment as far as eBid is concerned, but you have now overtaken the UK on number of listings and I think that in the coming months you might see sales following suit. Just keep up the good work, trust me, it's worth it in the end, I am now 2 years 3 months 11 days eBay free, and have no need or intention of selling there again.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Last year October was an excellent month for us and we did have a few decent months on here last year, better than 2011 anyway overall. January 2013 is our best month on here so far this year lol (can't really compare it to any other months this year yet!), and our eBid invoice is in at a whopping £9.81 for Jan 2013 (would have no doubt been £100+ on FeeBay when you take into consideration £50 shop subscription, listing and final value fees if we were stupid enough to trade on there still)!! Our sales are up and down month on month anyway, but since we have been on eBid 5 years now (or about that, maybe 6? I can't remember), this is the first January that has ever been really good for us on here as the past few January's have been terrible for us on here so it's great to have such a great start to the year on here for a change and I hope things continue like this for us.

Also, despite Royal Mail increases over the years, over the past 6 months we have started getting some international sales again after going a good year or so without any so I am glad that I decided to keep international shipping as an option. Even had our first ever sale to Australia last year with a few sales to Europe which one of them was for 6 figures, and we have another sale today going to Germany for another 7 figures. But, despite Royal Mail price increases, we're far cheaper on shipping to Europe and ROW than the majority of our competitors over on FeeBay as they are charging silly prices for first figure and silly prices for each additional figure, especially carded figures, our competitors charging a price for the first figure of which you can actually send 3 or 4 figures for the price they're asking for the first carded figure, so I am hoping once international customers see how better priced we are on shipping compared to our competitors, it might encourage more sales from Europe and beyond, after all, we make zero money out of shipping and only charge what has to be charged to cover the actual cost including cost of packaging materials.

I'm starting to see the benefit of google shopping now as well, which is where I am assuming most of the sales have come from over the past few months and we're getting a lot more shoppers coming to eBid for the first time purposely to buy from us for which I hope further down the line this benefits other sellers when our customers are looking for something else not related to what we sell, I hope they think of eBid first instead of running straight to FeeBay or Amazon. We're also seeing an increase in repeat buyers as well, including a repeat buyer from Europe.

So far everything is looking good and the more eBid push themselves, get the site advertised more to bring in more shoppers, then things will slowly but surely get better for us and hopefully for all the sellers on here too. After all, more sales from sellers on eBid means more revenue for eBid Ltd for them to advertise more and bring more shoppers here (if you're paying FVF's that is as I know some still opt for a free listing with zero FVF which I think is a bad idea especially when 2% is nothing on most items).

I know some of you American sellers may be concerned about the level of sales (first couple of years on here were tough for us), but as others have said, America is a bit behind us on eBid at the moment, things are still growing over there as they are here in Britain and it is a case of eBid promoting itself in the American market to drive shoppers to eBid in America, letting shoppers know FeeBay and Amazon are not the only places to go shopping, and let's face it, FeeBay and Amazon are ramming their advertising campaigns down your throats 24/7 which is driving shoppers to them 24/7, but shoppers need to know about eBid and how items can be cheaper on eBid than on other places like FeeBay...
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Had 6 out of 7 successfully completed (non-YDC/charity) sales in January 2013. February has started off good with 3 sales, to 1 buyer. Have noticed an encouraging trend; the multiple sales of my higher cost coins. The shipping discount on multiple purchases offer may be fueling the sales. Hoping for continued increase in my sales on eBid.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can't complain,
    although some feedback and buddy points would be nice.

Forum Lurker
    View abyorkie's Feedback (+1404)
    All-About abyorkie
    View abyorkie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Had a good start then went quiet, nothing since but have some awaiting payment from a return buyer who has had real problems with T'other side and paypal, (not his fault).

As I said earlier have been decorating for a couple of weeks so need to pick things up a bit!

Hope fully it will pick up again soon

Cheers Alan
    Please have a look at my shops, you may find something you like!!
    http://abyorkies-old-manuscripts-ancestry.ebid.net
    http://archibald-thorburns-birds-prints.ebid.net
    http://abyorkies-stamps-cigarette-cards.ebid.net
    http://antique-prints.ebid.net
    http://collectables-and-everything-else.ebid.net

Thread Information