My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Posting items and then ebid takes them down

Question Posting items and then ebid takes them down

I have been with eBid for over a year and I am suddenly having an issue with posting my pictures. I post they take down. I know we are not suppose to have multiple listings of the same item but I am NOT. I have changed categories, titles and still they take them down. Can someone please tell me why? I have done this for a while and I do take an image and photoshop it and it is then a completely different photo but have not had a problem before. They even take down 2 different images if they look at all alike. HELP!!!! This has just happened the last 2 days.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Posting items and then ebid takes them down

It has to do with the title, I believe, not the photos. You need to be sure that you aren't listing something prohibited. If you have specificc questions, you probably need to check with support......we can only make guesses here.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can only agree with HM rustic as we are unable to see the offending listings.

Just one thing you may wish to change in your listings. You state that you will sign the back side of the photos. Here in the UK backside means your bottom so I suggest you split the offending word into 2 - back side or change the wording to the 'reverse' or blank side.

WOW! One minute numerous listings and now none!
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

You have many listings with the same (identical) title --- "8X10 Animal Photo Glossy or Lustre Prints" --- "8X10 Black and White Photo Glossy or Lustre Prints" --- "8X10 Bald Eagle Photo Glossy or Lustre Prints" ---

Duplicate listings are prohibited on eBid. Which is one of the reasons I am here. They periodically run a program to find duplicates and that program is going to remove all these listings. When we have similar items, we have to make each title unique. You can use numbers or codes when you have more than one of the same animal (Bald Eagle #1, Bald Eagle #2, etc.). The titles MUST be different or they are going to continue to be removed.

In addition, your listings are not going to do well when a potential buyer is looking for a specific item. I browsed through them and I'm not even sure what some of these animals are. I might search for a "Bald Eagle Print," I would never search for "Animal Print." Your descriptions don't give any information either, so telling it to look in the description wouldn't help.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    You have many listings with the same (identical) title --- "8X10 Animal Photo Glossy or Lustre Prints" --- "8X10 Black and White Photo Glossy or Lustre Prints" --- "8X10 Bald Eagle Photo Glossy or Lustre Prints" ---

Duplicate listings are prohibited on eBid. Which is one of the reasons I am here. They periodically run a program to find duplicates and that program is going to remove all these listings. When we have similar items, we have to make each title unique. You can use numbers or codes when you have more than one of the same animal (Bald Eagle #1, Bald Eagle #2, etc.). The titles MUST be different or they are going to continue to be removed.

In addition, your listings are not going to do well when a potential buyer is looking for a specific item. I browsed through them and I'm not even sure what some of these animals are. I might search for a "Bald Eagle Print," I would never search for "Animal Print." Your descriptions don't give any information either, so telling it to look in the description wouldn't help.
    Very well explained.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

What part of no duplicates is so hard to understand?

Name:  dup.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  43.8 KB
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

The software looks for duplicate titles, not duplicate images.

Currently I see
    23 listings for
    8 x 10 Animal Photo Glossy or Lustre Prints, so the software will see it as 1 listing with 22 duplicates

If the listing is for a different item, you must make it clear in the title,
    the easiest way to see duplicate titles &/or items is to filter your items by Title Low to High (or High to Low)
    this will group them together.

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information