Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Royal Mail clarifying letter vs small packet for international post - from MSE

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Royal Mail clarifying letter vs small packet for international post - from MSE

Picked this up this up from MSE forums:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4458739

"Royal Mail are finally clarifying the small packet vs letter system, unfortunately for sellers of light items it's going to be a lot more expensive, as going by this document, items can only be sent as a letter internationally if they are less than 5mm thick."

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Royal Mail clarifying letter vs small packet for international post - from MSE

I always thought that international letters was for personal letters and postcards anyway. So any goods you are sending should not be in the category (IMHO)

However, this is all part of a wider change. Expect news on price changes (and I think weight bands etc) in the next few weeks

Default Re: Royal Mail clarifying letter vs small packet for international post - from MSE

From what I understood that was always the case, since the introduction of sm/l letters & packets.

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Possibly the only people who could send as letter are stamp and postcard sellers. I have only sent 2-3 lettewrs overseas from eBid in over 2 years. All sellers can to reduce costs for buyers is offer to remove unneccessary packaging. I have done that on several occasions, I had a buyer in the USA bought about 12 pairs of briefs and the shipping more than halved by throwing most of the packaging away.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Possibly the only people who could send as letter are stamp and postcard sellers. I have only sent 2-3 lettewrs overseas from eBid in over 2 years. All sellers can to reduce costs for buyers is offer to remove unneccessary packaging. I have done that on several occasions, I had a buyer in the USA bought about 12 pairs of briefs and the shipping more than halved by throwing most of the packaging away.
    Packaging has to be sufficient for the item to arrive intact - though unnecessary packaging is better avoided. If I can provide extra protection without going up a weight band then I will.

One of my few feedback complaints was where I skimped on packaging to cut the postal cost as the item's box was already damaged (as was stated in the listing) but the buyer still complained the packaging was insufficient to protect the item and it arrived with the box damaged...Ho Hum.

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I had signed up for pre notification of the changes - but now I can see they are on the website

This is going to take a lot of working out for me. We were sending lengths of metal at 500 mm for £2.36 now it will fall into the new Medium parcel bracket at double the price

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I now know how my time will be spent this month - changing prices

Thread Information