Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How hard would it be...

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How hard would it be...

I made a similar suggestion when I first started listing about 6 months ago.
    I couldn't find a list of things to do to list effectively. Pink Panther agreed at the time, and the thread ran for a while.

Then died.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

How hard would it be for eBid to send a direct email to ALL new users a standard welcome letter detailing all the wonderful selling/buying advice which has been given in the forums over the years?

I always see advice to seek advice in the forums but for newbies it may be a bit too much to ask them to look through and find advice they may so desperately need.

Why not just have a standard letter which goes out to anyone signing up? Advice is pretty much the same and appears to have been for many years. At least this way anybody signing up to eBid receives all helpful advice immediately.

I truly believe it wouldn't be a major task to put together. It would take a little time and energy but it would have to be better than forum users repeating the same info over and over again. And what about the folks who join and don't log into the forums? They are missing out on the ins and outs of eBid.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    . And what about the folks who join and don't log into the forums? They are missing out on the ins and outs of eBid.
    I think it's a good idea, particularly as per the part-quote above.
    There must be thousands that join and don't visit the forum, or possibly don't even know about it.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poscar View Post
    I think it's a good idea, particularly as per the part-quote above.
    There must be thousands that join and don't visit the forum, or possibly don't even know about it.
    Thanks. It appears to have been brought up by others previously and I can't imagine anything but positive impact. So I'm just going to keep this thread hanging around if folks don't mind.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

How hard would it be for eBid to send a direct email to ALL new users a standard welcome letter detailing all the wonderful selling/buying advice which has been given in the forums over the years?

I always see advice to seek advice in the forums but for newbies it may be a bit too much to ask them to look through and find advice they may so desperately need.

Why not just have a standard letter which goes out to anyone signing up? Advice is pretty much the same and appears to have been for many years. At least this way anybody signing up to eBid receives all helpful advice immediately.

I truly believe it wouldn't be a major task to put together. It would take a little time and energy but it would have to be better than forum users repeating the same info over and over again. And what about the folks who join and don't log into the forums? They are missing out on the ins and outs of eBid.
    More sellers coming. Thread started about a seller listing as an auction instead of Buy it Now and couldn't sell item for bid amount. Had the seller only knew it's different here but if the seller didn't come to the forums how would he know?

I'm still all for the original suggestion quoted above.

I agree with you, as new sellers come they think it will be like the darkside & then not follow through with the sell because it sold for less then what they were expecting. Then the buyer gets turned off of eBid & tells their friends to stay away from eBid & then the seller gets kicked off of eBid & they tell their friends to stay away from eBid.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    on every page of ebid theres a help button top right the first sentence reads

We have 4 methods for aiding our members... Frequently Asked Questions, How To Videos, Via the eBid Forums and after reading the FAQs and having posted a message in the forums without reply, you can contact us by email.

every news letter directs all users who recive the news letter to the forums for help if needed

if people did not want to repeat what they say time and time again as you put it they simply would not do it
    people like to give advise they spend time on the forum and give advise on every forum i know thats the whole purpose of the forum "advise " yet you seem to think thats a bad idea here and would prefer people not too . your quoted post also contradicts its self in its main suggestion
    update sending a new seller all the advice that has been given on the forums over the years would not be a letter , it would have to be several pages long at least in a condensed form it could never cover all the inns and out like a real time question and answers forum, ive no doubt it would be daunting and could not be taken in any contex till some one has come across something they need help with.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    update sending a new seller all the advice that has been given on the forums over the years would not be a letter , it would have to be several pages long at least in a condensed form it could never cover all the inns and out like a real time question and answers forum, ive no doubt it would be daunting and could not be taken in any contex till some one has come across something they need help with.
    Always so negative and against the grain. Sigh.................

Daunting? How? Why? Its done!!!!!!!! Simply copy and paste. Would it contain every bit of information? No probably not but, it could be changed as needed.

I mean until I opted out Id get tons of emails from ebid about everything under the sun. Why not attach this list to one or all of the useless emails people receive?

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Top page!

Thread Information