Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: USPS, PayPal Standard (Parcel Post) out of order?

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default USPS, PayPal Standard (Parcel Post) out of order?

Beginning a couple hours ago, it seems PayPal MultiOrder Shipping, through which I buy my shipping labels, is unable to process Parcel Post (I'm still not firm on what the current name for this is). Anybody else having trouble? If you're using it successfully, any suggestions for me? It looks like Priority and First Class are working.Thank you in advance.

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: USPS, PayPal Standard (Parcel Post) out of order?

GRRRRR. I emailed PayPal's "help" about how Standard/Parcel Post isn't showing as available and this is the reply I got. It would seem that Paypal will be losing quite a bit of money by not allowing non-eBay users to buy Standard shipping through them. GRRRRRR

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Chase and I am happy to assist you with your concern.

I hope your doing good today! You are correct. It is not currently available in the system. We don’t have an exact timeframe when it will be resumed or if it will resume. Don’t worry! We will inform you about it once it’s back.

We appreciate your feedback. That is something that I can address on our meetings. Have an awesome day!

It's not available online on the USPS site either. I think this is the government's doing, not PayPal. Which is why they don't know if they'll have it later.

I'm guessing, but I think the reason is that Priority Mail is much more profitable. The Post Office is in trouble thanks to the idiots in Congress, and they're hoping this will induce shippers to use the more convenient (and expensive) Priority Mail options.

All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks. I haven't used Click N Ship because i'm under the impression it has never offered Media Mail, BPM or Parcel Post anyway. I used to print labels through the USPS, i think, non Click N Ship, but had to pay for them after standing in line at a post office, so PayPal was convenient for buying and printing labels. Yesterday I resorted to going to my local post office and using the self-serve kiosk. FORTUNATELY it offered Parcel Post (can't remember new name...) but I'm quite peeved if it's true we can't buy Parcel Post labels online anymore. I just feel more and more hemmed in by our gubmint every day.

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not sure if this has any bearing on your concern.
    Last week I shipped a package from Pennsylvania to Colorado.
    I always calculate my shipping through the shippers web site, UPS, USPS, Fedex, etc.
    Standard Mail has replaced Parcel Post in the US.
    The package I sent was the same price, USPS Priority Mail or Standard mail
    This was a first for me for usually Parcel Post has always been considerably less than all the others.

Have found that anything over 2 lbs is usually less expensive to ship priority rather than parcel post/standard post, especially if going cross country.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Parcel Post has not been available via paypig for over a month and never will be again

You can however use Parcel Select which is usually cheaper except for items over 30 pounds
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Thought Parcel Select was the new Parcel Post or Standard Post?! Guess it depends where you ship to and the size of the item. A 3 lb item shipped across the US via standard is 12.77 without delivery confirmation and a medium size flat rate priority is $12.35 or a regional box has a top rate of $9.88.

I think they might be pushing priority because of the standardized size of the boxes, which makes loading trucks, etc easier and more efficient.

Thread Information