eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Putting Postage Costs in our Listings

Default Re: Putting Postage Costs in our Listings

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    You need to make the fonts smaller on your seller's notice up top of your listing because there is more information hidden. All I can see is:

WE SHIP WORLDWIDE
    Ebid cannot calculate accurate overseas Postage ...If outside Australia please message us for a quote.

there is something more on there but I can't see it. This is because of the large fonts used, so you need to make them smaller so that your full message can be seen.
    You can see all that I have put on my Notice.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Just a warning! I have to do this myself but I've found that some buyers insist on believing that it means free shipping. The more you sell the more of a problem it becomes. It wastes time in admin and it leads to negative feedback. If you get an order without postage costs the best approach is to immediately refund payment and send out an invoice with correct costs. Also send a note to apologise, ostensibly, but really to point out the buyer has failed to read your instructions (i.e. contact me for a quote on postage).

Sounds like the problem is not unique to Australia. I guess I will have to live with the administration problems until someone in charge does something about this. Perhaps the more of us that complain, the more chance of some action.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Might want to add the dollar amount to ship 500 grams in the notice or a range in the description.

Is the minimum postage $6.95? Just noticed when I go to the gallery view of the listing, shipping is 6.95 and not 'c desc.?

$6.95 is for shipping within Australia. I assume that is what you are seeing and it should say that.

Quote Originally Posted by garyterence01 View Post
    $6.95 is for shipping within Australia. I assume that is what you are seeing and it should say that.
    Based on the way you have it listed it looks like shipping to U.S. is $6.95.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Based on the way you have it listed it looks like shipping to U.S. is $6.95.
    This entire shipping aspect is a nightmare... on may screen it says shipping to Australia and you have to ask under that for shipping cost to other countries.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Gary & Anne.
    During the listing process you can add extra shipping options by using the + sign.
    This allows additional shipping data entry fields for various zones.
    Basically what I do is use the first field for Domestic rates, then add either another one or two fields for a world wide option only, or, separate fields for zones "C" & "D"
    Any buyer who overpays e.g. NZ'ers I refund the difference to their P'pal account, or give them a quote first. Naturally, you get the rates from Oz Post plus a bit for packing etc.
    Hope this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    Hi Gary & Anne.
    During the listing process you can add extra shipping options by using the + sign.
    This allows additional shipping data entry fields for various zones.
    Basically what I do is use the first field for Domestic rates, then add either another one or two fields for a world wide option only, or, separate fields for zones "C" & "D"
    Any buyer who overpays e.g. NZ'ers I refund the difference to their P'pal account, or give them a quote first. Naturally, you get the rates from Oz Post plus a bit for packing etc.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I have tried to do a bulk edit along the lines suggested...will be interesting to see if it works...Thanks...Gary

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garyterence01 View Post
    You can see all that I have put on my Notice.
    You have changed the font size and I can now see all of your notice. Well done

Hi....I just want to say thanks for all the help that has been volunteered on this forum thread....Great to know that people are willing to provide advice to newbies here.....Gary

Thread Information