eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ebay's New Update

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinkbarbie23
    View pinkbarbie23's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebay's New Update

Ebay posted their new updates today. A LOT of people over there are more unhappy than before so now would be the perfect time for Ebid to do the thing they don't want to do which is ADVERTISE!!!!!

The only thing keeping them from jumping ship is that this place doesn't advertise. I used to try to sell here but nothing happened. Not one sale after 7 months so I had to go back there, but considering what happened today over there it's the perfect time for Ebid to step up and do something.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebay's New Update

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbarbie23 View Post

The only thing keeping them from jumping ship is that this place doesn't advertise.
    So what drove all the current eBid members here?...it wasn't advertising.

When we decided we had to get out of eBay. I relied on research instead and moved here even though I had never heard of the site before then.

And just to be sure, I did run about 50 items on eCrater. After two years with ZERO sales there I gave up and moved the listings here. Anyone who's been on eBay for a while knows how to do online research. Also, eBid pops up on FaceBook regularly, which I think is a HUGE way to attract attention.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

And its easy to post on that thread on Ina's site, no need to register and just tell them why they should jojin ebid.net.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had not heard of eBid until I joined a little over 4 and a half years ago and found eBid had been running since like 1999.

Like I have said in another thread, sellers can't come here and bring their customer base with them and potential customers cannot come here if they do not know the place exists to begin with. Google shopping is fine and all that, but it only reaches potential shoppers who are doing a search for a particular item, yes, there's thousands of shoppers doing that at any one time, but it's not doing enough to increase sales growth here for the majority of sellers when they are not listing things most shoppers are searching for (or out of stock) or when they are selling obscure items that only a handful of sellers in the world sell and that one-off sale does not always guarantee they become a repeat buyer with that seller nor does it guarantee that buyer will come back to eBid when they are shopping for something else.

And yes, eBid should advertise, especially in the run up to Christmas as well as releasing a "slap FeeBay in the face" advert every time FeeBay hikes up their fees, introduces new fees for some nonsense you do not need on your listings and so forth and make idiotic policies that would never stand up in court which just penalises sellers even more over there because those who run FeeBay are living in cloud cuckoo land to line their own pockets while leaving sellers with next to nothing for their work.

A friend of mine does all this model rail way stuff, stuff I do not sell myself, but I mentioned to him about eBid and that I have seen model railway stuff here for environments etc. and it might be worth him checking out as he might get some items cheaper than other places.

When I am shopping for something particular, I do a search on eBid first using "sensible" key words, but we all know some sellers use key words that often have no relevance to what they are selling, and if I cannot find what I am looking for on eBid, then I have to resort to going to other places like FeeBay.

I am watching some items on eBid right now, and I am watching the same items on FeeBay with a different seller, but the seller on eBid is selling them cheaper so I will be buying them here instead as there will be no difference in quality as they are all mass produced items anyway.

I have recently shopped with the same seller on here for soy candles as well as getting a couple of votive candle holders from that seller and I will be buying more candles from that seller. So yes, I run my own business, use eBid to sell on, but I also buy here as well and search eBid first before having to resort to going elsewhere, just as a shopper, other shoppers do not always do that, they go straight to FeeBay or Amacon first because they are now household names with advertising rammed down your throat and they'll often pay far more than they need to for the item and shipping all because they don't want to spend 5 mins doing a search to see if any particular item is available elsewhere with a better price and more reasonable shipping.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Many of the more experienced sellers will have heard of eBid. They will use the sites like the Wholesale Forums and Ina's blog to keep an eye on what is happening in online selling. They are the ones that eBid really needs to attract, the experienced and honest sellers. The best way of getting them is to continue getting the news out to these sites that eBid is improving all the time, particularly where sales are concerned. Recently eBid have been getting good press from their updates, they should get more when the app launches (update Gazza?) and hopefully will be able to follow that with a further press release with record sales figures. Listings are rising again, value of items listed is approaching $10 billion. All these are things that should get potential eBay defectors to at least list a few items here.

For me though the problem still partly lies in once we get them to give us a try. Thee are still far too many who dip their toes in with eBay style listings on RUS who then go back to eBay. We need them here, listing properly and selling and then moving more of their inventory here.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    For me though the problem still partly lies in once we get them to give us a try. Thee are still far too many who dip their toes in with eBay style listings on RUS who then go back to eBay. We need them here, listing properly and selling and then moving more of their inventory here.
    That to me is the main key to really getting ebid going.
    If sellers start moving to ebid and start selling stuff right away, they will soon list more and the word will get around.

But the trick is how to get them selling.?
    We make lots of suggestions, but we can't force people to buy from them.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    When we decided we had to get out of eBay. I relied on research instead and moved here even though I had never heard of the site before then.

And just to be sure, I did run about 50 items on eCrater. After two years with ZERO sales there I gave up and moved the listings here. Anyone who's been on eBay for a while knows how to do online research. Also, eBid pops up on FaceBook regularly, which I think is a HUGE way to attract attention.
    I did the same when ebay messed with visibilty on items , but the trouble with some ebay sellers is they need more of a push than others, than you or me.
    It surprises me that even now some ebay sellers rely on ebay only for their livlihood.
    They complain sales have died yet still do not use other sites even when its been suggested they do not keep all their eggs in ebays basket
    I can understand that ebid could not do a lot of advertising, but maybe some advertising at certain times when sellers are fed up with the ebay changes would be worth the expense.

The apps will be big advertising, if done right.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

I'm sure the guys can do some sort of advertising like on usttream it's free to use, would be ideal to get the word out about eBid
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Thread Information