My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Just a few things to help eBid

Default Just a few things to help eBid

First I would like to say hello to my fellow members. Its been awhile. I have been busy at other things. May I suggest a few things to help eBid be found by search engines..

(Not related to SEO -search engine optimization) Log in fails for me after I do not visit for awhile. I have to request new password. I think this might turn some people off and they do not return.

For search engine optimization a few coding problems could be addressed.

I only checked eBid(dot)net and not all the country extensions.

Main site is missing a H1 heading. This quickly tells people and search robots what the site is about.

All images are missing Alt tags (description) adding these tags is a big help for robots. Sometimes the big search engines will show a site link simply by the text included in a picture description. For max seo for pictures, description and picture dimensions should be included in the Alt tag.

There is no canonical URL so the website can live at both www.ebid.net and ebid.net This one is very important. The site needs a 301 direct combing the 2 URL other wise all the content and link juice is being divided in two.

Other than that it looks like Gaza has his hands full as normal. Best wishes for all and your sales.

Default Re: Just a few things to help eBid

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    First I would like to say hello to my fellow members. Its been awhile. I have been busy at other things. May I suggest a few things to help eBid be found by search engines..

All images are missing Alt tags (description) adding these tags is a big help for robots. Sometimes the big search engines will show a site link simply by the text included in a picture description. For max seo for pictures, description and picture dimensions should be included in the Alt tag.

Other than that it looks like Gaza has his hands full as normal. Best wishes for all and your sales.

Can start adding tags to pictures, right now. Thanks for the heads up!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I do a bit with HTML and I know what you mean about those H1 headings

Google picks them up and repeats them1

Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    Log in fails for me after I do not visit for awhile. I have to request new password. I think this might turn some people off and they do not return.
    You make some good points. Thanks.

Concerning the log in problem I wonder if anybody else has met this? I was "missing" for 4 years and logged in immediately on my return - I was not expecting to be able to, I must admit as I thought I might have forgotten my password after this time.

Cambrensis

I am sure that any problems with SEO will be sorted when eBid appoints the individual or signs up a company to do this, which they indicated they were doing in last months newsletter.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Can start adding tags to pictures, right now. Thanks for the heads up!
    How is that done?

Sorry, it took me so long to respond. Things have been a bit hectic here. By my understanding, there are a couple of ways ... see yellow highlights in the following screen shots ...

Name:  screen shot picture tag.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  242.2 KB

Thread Information