eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: international shipping

Forum Newbie
    View epiet15104's Feedback (+1)
    All-About epiet15104
    View epiet15104's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default international shipping

new to the site I have a few auctions running listed just in the usa but what I am wondering is that I am thinking of selling to other countries how is the shipping done is it done by ebid at end of sale or is this something that I have to figure out and where do I go to get that info on the different countries that I pick the only thing that I will put on site are hotwheel cars not really that heavy thanks

Default Re: international shipping

The website for your chosen mail company should have details on their website.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to selling on eBid, epiet. I see you've been a member since 2009 but not involved in any transactions with feedback included.

In a nutshell, eBid doesn't arrange the shipping for you. You arrange that yourself, although eBid gives you the buyer's name and physical address, of course.

If you do sell something to somebody outside the U.S., it can be fairly easy to take care of, except overseas shipping is recently exorbitant.

You will need to fill in a customs form. You can pick up preprinted ones at post offices, or you can print one for each sale on your own computer, through PayPal multiorder shipping or another postage service. I sell to only selected countries and haven't had a problem except a couple items supposedly not making it to Canadian buyers.

Several Christmases ago, i sent a sweater/jumper to somebody in England. It looked like it was taking too long to get there. The US and UK postal services provided me excellent tracking information from my city to the recipient's local post office, and i had used "only" First Class International, not special tracking, so that was very comforting.

Good luck to you!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epiet15104 View Post
    new to the site I have a few auctions running listed just in the usa but what I am wondering is that I am thinking of selling to other countries how is the shipping done is it done by ebid at end of sale or is this something that I have to figure out and where do I go to get that info on the different countries that I pick the only thing that I will put on site are hotwheel cars not really that heavy thanks
    If I understand you correctly, eBid do have a shipping calculator available. Just tick the countries you are willing to ship to and you will be able to input your weight, dimensions, packaging/handling fee etc and eBid will do the rest. Of course, you will need to ship the item(s) yourself

Thread Information