Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: ParcelQuote - international parcel delivery search engine launched

Forum Newbie
    All-About luckyhat
    View luckyhat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ParcelQuote - international parcel delivery search engine launched

Just to let you know I have created a website to help find the cheapest prices for international delivery which I thought some eBid sellers might find useful: www.parcelquote.net

Originally I was using my own version of this tool just for my personal use but I thought I would put it online in case others found it helpful. At the moment it searches most of the cheaper UK-based discount couriers and about 20 destination countries, but I'm hoping to expand the search options if people find it useful.
    This is a new website I have just created, so would also appreciate any feedback about the website in general.

Thanks for your time, hope you find it useful

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ParcelQuote - international parcel delivery search engine launched

Hi, welcome to eBid & the Forum.
    I have just put in details for an item to Belgium. The cheapest price suggested on your site was just over double the Royal Mail price so I am not understanding why it would be a useful site to me? It doesn't make me want to bother returning. Am I missing something here?

Forum Newbie
    All-About luckyhat
    View luckyhat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Hi, welcome to eBid & the Forum.
    I have just put in details for an item to Belgium. The cheapest price suggested on your site was just over double the Royal Mail price so I am not understanding why it would be a useful site to me? It doesn't make me want to bother returning. Am I missing something here?
    Right now the search only covers discount couriers, I'm hoping to add Royal Mail's prices to the list this week. In my experience Royal Mail has only worked out to be cheaper than using discount couriers for very low weight parcels, can I ask what the weight was in your case? Thanks for the feedback

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luckyhat View Post
    Right now the search only covers discount couriers, I'm hoping to add Royal Mail's prices to the list this week. In my experience Royal Mail has only worked out to be cheaper than using discount couriers for very low weight parcels, can I ask what the weight was in your case? Thanks for the feedback
    0.75K - and the price quoted was excl VAT lol!

Are you paid per click by these Couriers?
    Last edited by cheaver; 10th April 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About luckyhat
    View luckyhat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    0.75K - and the price quoted was excl VAT lol!

Are you paid per click by these Couriers?
    From what I've seen anything under 2kg, Royal Mail are pretty competitive, but above that the discounted couriers are much cheaper. Looks like I should add Royal Mail to the list to cover low weight parcels. Previously I've used this tool for sending heavier things (usually around 5-10kg) which I had found were a lot cheaper when using discounted couriers.

No paid per click (as of date anyway!), the couriers listed are just the ones I had found to be reasonably competitive, most of which I originally found out about from this article:
    http://moneysavingexpert.com/shoppin...arcel-delivery

Any other suggested couriers which people have found to be good value, if you let me know I will try and get them added to the search

Cheers

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luckyhat View Post

No paid per click (as of date anyway!), the couriers listed are just the ones I had found to be reasonably competitive, most of which I originally found out about from this article:
    http://moneysavingexpert.com/shoppin...arcel-delivery
    I receive Martin's Newsletters; sure wish they had something as well developed for savings over here (USA)

Thread Information