Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ebid - buyer freindly?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebid - buyer freindly?

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    What cockneyone does with any purchases is up to cockneyone, isn't it?

On eBid, cockneyone is a buyer as far as I am concerned - is there anything wrong with that?

What is the problem, Dean?

- and please stick to the topic of this thread -

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "buyers only" on eBid; I call em a pure bred buyer. The finest breed of buyer!

Have to agree that what a buyer does with a purchase they paid for is totally up to them; would never ask for it back.

But the thread title is a question. The answer: yes / no

I think what Dean is asking is if you have 2 accounts on eBid, so are interacting with yourself on this thread.
    Some people do have 2 accounts, I do for instance, but I wouldn't use one to back up the arguments of the other on the forum. In fact I only normally post using my other account, if I have a problem with that account or, am using the Plug Forum.

BTW I don't have a problem with buyer only accounts, I welcome them.

As both my accounts are Seller+ Lifetime, I don't see the upgrade advert, so I cannot comment on it. but if people find it intrusive maybe support can look again as to how it is presented, or see if there is a way of switching it off that is not reliant on cookies.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 16th May 2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: forgot the +
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I think what Dean is asking is if you have 2 accounts on eBid, so are interacting with yourself on this thread.
    Some people do have 2 accounts, I do for instance, but I wouldn't use one to back up the arguments of the other on the forum. In fact I only normally post using my other account, if I have a problem with that account or, am using the Plug Forum.
    Yes along those lines - just wanted some clarity on the two user names commenting on threads together, seemingly as strangers but clearly are either very well known to each other or the same person. No problem at all with either and it is good to see people posting and raising different questions (to be encouraged) - just confusing when you see those accounts are linked with one item purchased on a buying account and then the same item appears on the other account for sale on another site.

As for is eBid buyer friendly.............. yes I believe it is. In all my e-mail contact with buyers it has been overwhelmingly positive about the site.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Yes along those lines - just wanted some clarity on the two user names commenting on threads together, seemingly as strangers but clearly are either very well known to each other or the same person. No problem at all with either and it is good to see people posting and raising different questions (to be encouraged) - just confusing when you see those accounts are linked with one item purchased on a buying account and then the same item appears on the other account for sale on another site.

As for is eBid buyer friendly.............. yes I believe it is. In all my e-mail contact with buyers it has been overwhelmingly positive about the site.
    Just a few of us pointing out ways for Ebid to improve their site in a way that would be considered very buyer friendly. We are pointing out that current buyers are already accustomed to the bay, when you log into your account your activity is right there. On Ebid you need to scroll way down seeing a huge add on becoming a seller, that supposedly, there is a way to permanently get rid of, but it isn't really clear how to and if you clear your cookies it will come back. This ad has a very negative effect on buyers. If this site was more buyer friendly and pushed for more traffic, how many more customers would you have.

Remember 99.9% of shoppers who don't like a store or site will just not go there with out a single word.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by internetartgallery View Post
    Just a few of us pointing out ways for Ebid to improve their site in a way that would be considered very buyer friendly. We are pointing out that current buyers are already accustomed to the bay, when you log into your account your activity is right there. On Ebid you need to scroll way down seeing a huge add on becoming a seller, that supposedly, there is a way to permanently get rid of, but it isn't really clear how to and if you clear your cookies it will come back. This ad has a very negative effect on buyers. If this site was more buyer friendly and pushed for more traffic, how many more customers would you have.

Remember 99.9% of shoppers who don't like a store or site will just not go there with out a single word.
    Question? You are a Seller + ; Did you recently convert from buyer or did you start out as a Seller + ? Also, are you a Seller + lifetime member?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Some people do have 2 accounts, I do for instance, but I wouldn't use one to back up the arguments of the other on the forum.
    LOL, I would if one was a buyer and one was a seller! Brilliant........just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Question? You are a Seller + ; Did you recently convert from buyer or did you start out as a Seller + ? Also, are you a Seller + lifetime member?
    I am a seller, I joined as a seller and signed up for lifetime, I invited my customers from the bay to come here and 5 of them complained about that ad to me, including a friend of mine that lives close by. He logged on to his account and I saw for myself and I did not see a way to get rid of the ad and it took me 15 minits to figure out where his information was, it was frustrating to him and to me as well as a few others, so as a seller who has received very negative feedback about that ad I have been informing and suggesting that the owners of this site remedy the situation and make the site more buyer friendly.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Steve - I am getting confused here............

You are replying to cockneyone.............

Cockneyone has purchased an item on here (one of Madelaine's postcards) that was subsequently put up for sale on the bay under your bay account (the same name as on here). It is quite clearly the same postcard - because it is an unusual one, the faults are identical and the date written on the back is identical.

Cockneyone says they are a buyer only - and you reply on each others threads as though you didn't know each other, yet there is an item that has been purchased by Cockneyone on eBid and you have clearly had this item listed on the bay.

What is going on????
    So they live in the same town...one buys from here and the other sells the same item on eBay?

There is something a bit fishy.....I thought we had to have permission to have two accounts here

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by internetartgallery View Post
    I am a seller, I joined as a seller and signed up for lifetime, I invited my customers from the bay to come here and 5 of them complained about that ad to me, including a friend of mine that lives close by. He logged on to his account and I saw for myself and I did not see a way to get rid of the ad and it took me 15 minits to figure out where his information was, it was frustrating to him and to me as well as a few others, so as a seller who has received very negative feedback about that ad I have been informing and suggesting that the owners of this site remedy the situation and make the site more buyer friendly.
    I can understand your concern about inviting buyers, who are frustrated with the ad/buying process. As a Seller+ Lifetime member, I was unaware about what a Buyer Only sees/experiences. I can bid with ease; and the many Buyers/Buyer Only members I have observed, seem to buy here without difficulty. I have never heard this complaint before, until recently. Perhaps this ad is a recent addition; not sure.

Hope things get sorted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    So they live in the same town...one buys from here and the other sells the same item on eBay?

There is something a bit fishy.....I thought we had to have permission to have two accounts here
    You do for one person to have 2 accounts, or risk both being closed until it is sorted,
    but my sister Leadhillsonline & her daughter Honehe & her son Tozcentral all have accounts here that were opened when they all lived at the same address.
    Their first names, email addresses & bank details are all different.

They are not however allowed any interaction between accounts such as bidding, or buying from each other, not even for charity auctions, in fact as they are my family neither am I.
    I have my family members that have eBid accounts listed in my sig, & they are all on my blackball list, to prevent any mistakes.

Last edited by Gothicina; 17th May 2013 at 05:28 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information