eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help, getting no response!

Forum Newbie
    View tbear345's Feedback (+1)
    All-About tbear345
    View tbear345's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Help, getting no response!

Yesterday I won an auction for an iPod touch (4th gen), and unfortunately for the seller, there was only one other person bidding with me. The end result is that I won the item for $3.79 plus $3.49 shipping. I am extremely happy, but I have a feeling that the seller isn't quite as thrilled with the outcome. But there was no reserve price to meet, and obviously the other bidder didn't feel it worth more of their money, and didn't bid any higher. Now I get absolutely no response from the seller. They say they want to accept paypal, and that is fine with me, but I want to make sure it gets to the right person. I am also very hesitant to send money with no contact, I don't know if the item will get sent. (So I am cynical, I have had very bad experiences with eBay!) What should I do? I feel is the seller isn't happy with the price he got he should have put on a reserve price, but other than that tough luck this time. Auctions can have any outcome, not always in your favor. Please, if anyone can help, please do. I am about ready to give up on auction sites altogether!

Default Re: Help, getting no response!

Contact the seller and request a invoice and how they send the package. If you get a response then that's a good start. If you're a buyer with a account with PayPal, then there are some protections through them. Check with PayPal to make sure what your coverage is. That's the best way to start. If they do not send a invoice immediately, try again. I've never had to deal with a bad purchase so I don't know what the process is for you as a buyer. Contact support if you're wanting more help.

Good Luck
    Greg

Forum Newbie
    View tbear345's Feedback (+1)
    All-About tbear345
    View tbear345's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, First I sent a question before the auction ended, and got no reply. Then it ended and I said I am ready to pay, but a little unsure how to so if you could send invoice I will get it paid immediately. Then I sent one more email the next day saying I was ready to pay as soon as I hear from you. I am a little uneasy about sending money without at least hearing something from the seller, I want to make sure I get the item when I pay for it. What do you recommend? Should I just pay and hope for the best?

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would give it a couple of days. Seller could be away.

Quote Originally Posted by tbear345 View Post
    What do you recommend? Should I just pay and hope for the best?
    No, you should wait to hear from the seller before you send any money.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    No, you should wait to hear from the seller before you send any money.
    Ditto this. Odds are that the seller is honest and upfront, especially if he/she has good feedback, but IMHO better safe than sorry.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

what is the item # ?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tbear345 View Post
    Yes, First I sent a question before the auction ended, and got no reply. Then it ended and I said I am ready to pay, but a little unsure how to so if you could send invoice I will get it paid immediately. Then I sent one more email the next day saying I was ready to pay as soon as I hear from you. I am a little uneasy about sending money without at least hearing something from the seller, I want to make sure I get the item when I pay for it. What do you recommend? Should I just pay and hope for the best?
    I feel your pain. I had a similar issue with an item I won, on a no reserve auction. I requested the invoice, and seller did not respond. So I paid with Paypal. After I made payment, I received notice (email) that seller had cancelled the auction transaction, and had refunded my money. I posted a thread about this situation.

I based my decision to pay for the won item, even if the seller did not respond to my request for an invoice, because if you do not pay, seller can try to back out of the transaction. Even though your communication went forth requesting the invoice, I have seen sellers try to back out for this reason. I pay only with Paypal in such instances. I have never lost money when I handled a situation like that.

My seller backed out of the transaction by cancelling re:"can not sell" "can not ship this item"

Needless to say, I was disappointed, disgusted, but not surprised. Most important though, it will probably impact future buying decisions.

The seller is new to Ebid & I bet he didn't know auction formats here don't get many bids.

The seller joined Member Since Fri 10 May 2013 21:50:45
    Nothing on his about me page & no other auctions listed.
    Item number of auction is 105172597

I would not pay til you get an invoice.

Thread Information