eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ebid should allow Bitcoin, Litecoin and other cryptocurrency payments

Forum Newbie
    View Primordial's Feedback (+153)
    All-About Primordial
    View Primordial's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebid should allow Bitcoin, Litecoin and other cryptocurrency payments

I think this would be a game changer for ebid and really put them as a market leader instead of an ebay follower. There is an unbelievable amount of money involved in bitcoin and the wise are jumping on the opportunities. The first adopters will establish themselves ahead of the rest. The current market cap of Bitcoin is $1,316,957,083 and growing.

Default Re: Ebid should allow Bitcoin, Litecoin and other cryptocurrency payments

Situations like this one may make some people a bit gun shy ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ak-out-in-may/

especially since there are no protections in place, as I understand it.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid should allow Bitcoin, Litecoin and other cryptocurrency payments

eBid allow you to use any payment method you like. So, if you want to use Bitcoin (or anything else)- then use it.

Integration is a different matter. The payment provider has to provide the means to integrate it, and it has to be evaluated as worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial View Post
    I think this would be a game changer for ebid and really put them as a market leader instead of an ebay follower. There is an unbelievable amount of money involved in bitcoin and the wise are jumping on the opportunities. The first adopters will establish themselves ahead of the rest. The current market cap of Bitcoin is $1,316,957,083 and growing.
    Unlike certain other sites eBid DOES allow you to accept any payment method that you choose. You are permitted to manually process payments of any sort that you agree with your buyer/s. The only thing you can't do is integrate them into the eBid checkout system. However, if enough people request for a payment processor to be included then management will read and consider those requests.

As a newbie to ebid, what would you recommend as the best payment method to use as a seller???

Quote Originally Posted by BowsnSparkles View Post
    As a newbie to ebid, what would you recommend as the best payment method to use as a seller???
    You have to go with the most popular with the buyers, which unfortunately is eBay owned Paypal. It does no harm to add others as well, depends if you think the effort is worth it. I am waiting for PPPay to buck it's ideas up and I will then add that, even if only eBid members use it then it would be worthwhile.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

With the demise of Google Checkout, maybe admin could look at something to replace it as an integrated payment method - or spend the effort making PPPay fit for purpose.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with that on pppay but surely that would be us both giving ebid business advice
    I don't think we have the credentials for that astral :P
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    I agree with that on pppay but surely that would be us both giving ebid business advice
    I don't think we have the credentials for that astral :P
    You clearly do not know the difference between a suggestion and an instruction.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes i do !!
    but i'm not sure you do judging by your response to someone else's suggestion in the other thread !!
    So either don't get personal when other people make suggestions:

Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    Where i work persons i have asked had they heard of Ebid.

Only 1 person out of 15 had heard of Ebid.
    So we need Massive Advertising.
    cheers Tony

or follow your own advice

Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

Nor me.

I would like all those that deem themselves fit to direct eBid on how to run its business to state their qualifications for doing so. What businesses have they created, what level of success they made of them, etc. Even if they have successfully run businesses, without inside knowledge of eBid's business they can have no idea what is viable and what is not.

It's easy for people to sit at home and tell eBid what they should be doing. They are not the ones that have to face the consequences of taking their 'advice'.
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 2nd June 2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

Thread Information