My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Default Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

No sales, few lookers, no questions. Look at my store, tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hi and welcome to eBid.

I can't see your listings as you don't ship to the UK but I have looked at your 'About me' page.

Good luck with your sales.
    Last edited by Mark; 6th June 2013 at 04:47 AM.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please and Thank you go a long way in getting help too.

You state that you've been selling on the internet for 15 years but your descriptions are not using the 80 characters you are allowed in your title. Why aren't you using the keywords of 'coin', 'Liberty' and 'Eagle' for a start?

Potential buyers want a description and not what you have just stated in the title.

The more keywords you have the more potential buyers will be drawn to your listings.

edit: You are going to send a 14k gold bracelet to the UK with a shipping cost of $3.00???
    Last edited by Gill; 5th June 2013 at 10:25 PM.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you applied to Google for exception for your listings as there is certain information that sellers need to provide to ensure that their listings are uploaded to Google search / shopping and images.
    In the case of items that have no relevant information, such as manufacturers name and part number that Google require, you can apply to have your listings excepted from this rule. Google is the resource that channels buyers to Ebid.

What else can i suggest?....are your Ebid prices competitive ?.....what i mean by this is that you aren't pricing your Ebid listings at a higher level than those identical items that you have listed on Ebay....are the listings competitive with all other sellers?.

If you're selling successfully via using Ebay then you can include a promo flyer in your Ebay packages to push your Ebid activities..

Despite the advice that you will be offered, you may still unfortunately find that sales still fail to materialise via Ebid, but don't give up, as the other site is changing in such a way that small sellers, both business and private will no longer be made welcome and the smart thing to do is to establish yourself on other selling platforms.
    You will still find the other site useful, but to place all of your eggs in their precarious Basket is likely to present future problems.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes a please and thankyou would be great.

And don't forget that ebay has 100 times as many users as ebid.

So until ebid gets more members and more good sellers and buyers sales will always be slower, but more profitable.

Unless of course you like supporting ebay to rip you off.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Posted this (selling suggestions) to another thread but it might be helpful here as well:

1) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    2) If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your items.
    3) Use BIN prices whenever possible (in addition to auction style if desired) to ensure your items are uploaded to Google shopping.
    4) Use Plug Your Auctions section of the forum (1x per 24 hours, delete/close old post before adding new one) to advertise your items for sale.
    5) Use social media sites to advertise your listings.
    6) Add a signature link to your forum posts so members can click to view your listings.
    7) Check out the Help pages and Astral's FAQs page (info. about signature link on Astral's page), lots of good info. here.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid, including former customers on other sites.
    9) Use MaO if it's your thing or offer combined shipping or similar to give buyers more incentive to purchase from you.
    10) List as many items as possible to give buyers more choices.
    11) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost instead of RUS to ensure your items move up searches.
    12) Participate in the forums and eBid activities (as the monthly YDC charity auctions if it's your thing) so members get to know you.

Astral's Knowledge Base:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.ph...ries&highlight=

Hope this is some help.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Excellent advice already given.

For the Google Shopping information see http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#48

It can take time to get established on eBid, but the lower fees make it worthwhile when you have discovered the best way to sell your particular items.

Forum Newbie
    Burstwick, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    All-About mkleijn
    View mkleijn's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am a newbie too can someone take a look

Thread Information