Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to Royal Mail

Default Re: Alternative to Royal Mail

If anyone is sending heavy or very bulky but quite light (less than 5kg) then TNT provide some great services for next day for under £9 via parcel2go

Even heavier parcels don't cost that much with them, I sent a 26kg item last week with them that was out of most couriers weight and size limits, it only cost me £40 and £15 of that was for extra insurance due to item value of £478

Myhermes offer a great service, and I've had 1 claim with them for damage and they have just accepted this claim (took 30 days to get them to accept the claim)

I have started using more alternatives since RM huge price increase, usually book via "parcel to go".
    MYHERMES: seem OK so far but wouldn't like to take a large amount of parcels to a local newsagent for their drop off service! too slow with the manual paperwork...
    YODEL: Have stopped using after failed collections for two dispatches, including re-booking which also resulted in failed collections!...3 day delay to customer!
    COLLECT+ Drop off: OK so far, their drop off point is a regular stop so convenient for me.
    <a href=http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net target=_blank>http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net</a>

http://theninestarshop.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Clothing-Store.ebid.net

http://The-Nine-Star-Book-Shop.ebid.net

http://ninestarjewellery.ebid.net

.................................................. .......................................
    Want to join ebid??? Just follow this link >>>>
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

(and i'll earn some "Buddy Points" ;-) Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by theninestarshop View Post
    I have started using more alternatives since RM huge price increase, usually book via "parcel to go".
    MYHERMES: seem OK so far but wouldn't like to take a large amount of parcels to a local newsagent for their drop off service! too slow with the manual paperwork...
    YODEL: Have stopped using after failed collections for two dispatches, including re-booking which also resulted in failed collections!...3 day delay to customer!
    COLLECT+ Drop off: OK so far, their drop off point is a regular stop so convenient for me.
    With MyHermes it only costs about £0.25 for them to collect, but it does make it a 3 day instead of a 2 day service.

Quote Originally Posted by theninestarshop View Post
    MYHERMES: seem OK so far but wouldn't like to take a large amount of parcels to a local newsagent for their drop off service! too slow with the manual paperwork.
    Our myhermes shop drop off point is all done by scanning, they scan each parcel, then after they have scanned the parcels they scan a receipt and give it to us, no manual paperwork at all apart from the shop keeper writing the date and parcel quantity on the receipt.

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would recommend MyHermes too! I have been using them since Royal Mail’s price hike. So far, fingers crossed, every parcel has been delivered within a reasonable timeframe, no losses, no damages.

On one occasion, they had tried 3 times to deliver a parcel, the customer was always out, so they emailed me to ask if I wished the parcel returned or should they try one more time (asking for a phone number or alternative delivery address for the customer), so I would say they do make an effort!

Printing out the labels is easy enough, only downside is they are a little large! I drop mine off at the local shop, quick and painless, saves me waiting in for someone to collect.

Blessings, Sharon

Talking Re: Alternative to Royal Mail

Quote Originally Posted by anngypsygirl View Post
    I did post about this once before but nobody felt inclined to reply. Hope somebody can help.
    Hey anngypsygirl, there is a sticky thread here where lots of alternatives are listed.

I have never had any problems with Royal Mail's reliability myself but my new favourite is Collect+. You may also want to have a look at small parcel Royal Mail option which I think is good value at £3 up to 1kg. The size can be either Length: 45cm, Width: 35cm, Depth: 8cm or Length: 16cm and Width: 16cm and Depth: 16cm.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jewelsparlour View Post
    Hey anngypsygirl, there is a sticky thread here where lots of alternatives are listed.

I have never had any problems with Royal Mail's reliability myself but my new favourite is Collect+. You may also want to have a look at small parcel Royal Mail option which I think is good value at £3 up to 1kg. The size can be either Length: 45cm, Width: 35cm, Depth: 8cm or Length: 16cm and Width: 16cm and Depth: 16cm.
    Hi Jewels. Do you or someone you know work for royal mail?

I am not used to seeing someone recommend Royal Mail.....I am off for a lie down..

Ha ha! No, I don't know anyone who works for Royal Mail and I know pretty horrible Post Office branch where all members of staff are so miserable as if they were serving a prison sentence and don't mind passing their negativity onto the customers. How it is possible that this branch still operates is beyond me.

But personally I have never had any issues with Royal Mail's quality of service. I think it is just like with feedback you get at auction websites, you are much more likely to get a negative than a positive response, and because Royal Mail is the biggest player in the world of personal shipping they get the biggest hit, make the biggest headlines and biggest buzz. Can you recall any news about TNT or UPS? I can't, perhaps it's because I don't watch TV, though :-D

Having said all that there is a lot of choice these days which is great and if Royal Mail or anyone else does not live up to the expectations or are too pricey just make a move. The latter is exactly the reason why I chose Collect+ for certain deliveries.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

I totally agree. I do actually know someone who works for Royal Mail.
    My brother in law, great guy, I have known him for many years. We never really discussed Royal Mails practices until recently, and I was both alarmed and astonished.
    I wont go into great detail, but just to bring one thing out into the light of day, they actually (Royal mail) had no problem with postmen sticking signed for items through a letter box without getting a signature if the postie thought it would be ok?
    suffice to say after I had explained to my brother in law what that actually could mean to the seller who had possibly posted the item, with regards to false claims and paypal, he has now made it a point to educate his fellow workers.
    Its scary out there in Royal mail world..

Forum Newbie
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    All-About edddiec
    View edddiec's Listings
    Forum Posts

PO now cheapest for small parcels (£3-70 2nd class signed for) as My Hermes and Parcel+ have increased their prices.

Thread Information