Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: It's not what you say it's the way that you say it or in this case word it.

Default It's not what you say it's the way that you say it or in this case word it.

Slowly (very slowly) trying to get up and running and back on track here. Having a few problems ie my post on exemption of stores for one.so I do not want to go hell for leather listing until I get everything right.

Today I decided to do some browsing so I went into dolls and bears and typed dolls clothes as I have three items now listed in that category. Well that was an eye opener I couldn't find my items. I typed dolls clothes and thought because they were in "dolls clothes other" they would automatically show up but zilch. Had a bit of a ponder and looked at the ones in the size I have made and realised that in order to get into this search I had to type dolls clothes in the title. Now I have corrected that but it was a learning curve and I shall be extra careful now in the way in which I word titles and that is for everything I am selling. Perhaps some of you are wondering why some of your items are not selling well this could also be the case with your listings as they are not getting the same exposure on browsing as others selling similar all because of the way in which they are worded.
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

Default Re: It's not what you say it's the way that you say it or in this case word it.

The titles of your listings are your advertisement to the world. The majority of buyers search by keywords - miss the keywords and you are invisible to buyers.

Google visibility also relies on keywords.

There is a reason that the search engine doesn't make assumptions for buyers - the buyers in general hate it. For example if a buyer keywords: Red Dolls Dress, then that is exactly what they want (a red one) - if the search engine then returned all the items as an assumption, ie: the whole of the 'Doll's Clothing category' with every colour in the rainbow, the keyword buyers would leave en-mass and go to a different site where the search engine actually gave them want they were looking for. As a seller you have to make it extremely easy for the buyers to find you - so relevant keywords in the titles are absolutely vital.

The difference with yourself is........... you actually checked your visibility. I give you a lot of credit for that, there are people who come on the forum and say they have been in business for 30+ years (blah blah blah) and yet they haven't even thought to do what you have just done.

If I may ask something else - you can tell me to 'shut up' because I know as much about dolls clothing as I do about brain surgery.

Ok, looking at one of your listings - are all baby doll's exactly the same size? So if a buyer is looking at your listing would they know that the dress would fit their doll, don't you need to have dress measurements?

Default Re: It's not what you say it's the way that you say it or in this case word it.

deanosaur. Thank you for your kind words. No they are not all the same size but the dolls clothing I have listed so far is for a Baby Born sized doll. I just might add measurements in description or listing. I used to put it in the headings but not much space left now for that.

About getting my items looked at when browsing was that if I just browse messenger bags the clothing and accessories categories show up my items without the wording messenger bag being the first typed words, but with the toys and bears category I have now found I have to type dolls clothes first in the title.

I think it is all about the effort one wants to put into selling and making oneself known out there. Nobody should expect to sell just by doing a listing and sitting back waiting for the offers to flood in. I have sold for many years at markets and fairs and a good looking table and ironed cloth underneath products goes a long way to making someone stop and look. Same here with the wording and display and photos.
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Love your attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabearsplace View Post
    Slowly (very slowly) trying to get up and running and back on track here. Having a few problems ie my post on exemption of stores for one.so I do not want to go hell for leather listing until I get everything right.

Today I decided to do some browsing so I went into dolls and bears and typed dolls clothes as I have three items now listed in that category. Well that was an eye opener I couldn't find my items. I typed dolls clothes and thought because they were in "dolls clothes other" they would automatically show up but zilch. Had a bit of a ponder and looked at the ones in the size I have made and realised that in order to get into this search I had to type dolls clothes in the title. Now I have corrected that but it was a learning curve and I shall be extra careful now in the way in which I word titles and that is for everything I am selling. Perhaps some of you are wondering why some of your items are not selling well this could also be the case with your listings as they are not getting the same exposure on browsing as others selling similar all because of the way in which they are worded.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very thoughtful and insightful post, kudos.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information