eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is a reason never to list on ebay again!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Here is a reason never to list on ebay again!

Have a read of this short article.

It show show unbelievably bad ebay are.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abbl...1/0#1372240415

They are patenting ways to send listings to other retailers.

I hope this gets the publicity that it deserves.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Here is a reason never to list on ebay again!

They are messing about with the US Search as well.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

At present in the UK, the way that eBay is set up is that the contract to sell and deliver a purchase is between the seller and the buyer. EBay is not part of that contract. There are separate contracts between eBay and buyers and sellers as represented by the User Agreement but at present eBay is not part of the contract between buyer and seller. EBay would have to change the User Agreement to operate this way in the UK, otherwise they would have a constant stream of sellers taking them to the Courts to recover actual and consequential losses.

Practically, implementation of such a system would create absolute chaos and would lead to the loss of a lot of sellers.

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are many patents that never come to fruition.

My guess would be that they are simply patenting any idea they come up with so that no one else can do it in future without paying them a shed load of wonga

I really doubt this will happen for the reasons westlondoncarparts points out

We have a patent by the way. We patented a way of manufacturing stainless steel munsen rings (pipe clamps). It did not come to much, then last year I was in contact with a customer who wanted some clamps making for an oil installation fire equipment ship - they now have our clamps by the thousand

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow Ron, that's impressive. Kudos!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

One of the posters says that buy.com already implements a similar system. So the idea might already be copyrighted or at least subject to intellectual copyright.

But we all know that they want the small guy out anyway. If it is this or something else it will eventually get so that it is not worth listing on eBay. The sooner eBay sellers realise this and find another selling venue, eBid maybe, then the better for all concerned. Leave eBay to the big boys, but will the buyers want to buy from them only?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    One of the posters says that buy.com already implements a similar system. So the idea might already be copyrighted or at least subject to intellectual copyright.

But we all know that they want the small guy out anyway. If it is this or something else it will eventually get so that it is not worth listing on eBay. The sooner eBay sellers realise this and find another selling venue, eBid maybe, then the better for all concerned. Leave eBay to the big boys, but will the buyers want to buy from them only?
    Absolutely correct and I can vouch for that because I just purchased a microwave oven on their website and have it sent to the nearest store for pickup. I received an email on the day of pick up (yesterday) saying it was delayed and gave me options to settle the matter (almost identical to Ebay's plan), one being to call them which I did. Turned out that the item was still in transit and they didn't know what the holdup was and that the item should arrive later in the day or the very next day (which would have been today). Couple of hours later (yesterday) I got an email saying the item was in store for pick up and I went and picked it up with no problems at all.

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    At present in the UK, the way that eBay is set up is that the contract to sell and deliver a purchase is between the seller and the buyer. EBay is not part of that contract. There are separate contracts between eBay and buyers and sellers as represented by the User Agreement but at present eBay is not part of the contract between buyer and seller. EBay would have to change the User Agreement to operate this way in the UK, otherwise they would have a constant stream of sellers taking them to the Courts to recover actual and consequential losses.

Practically, implementation of such a system would create absolute chaos and would lead to the loss of a lot of sellers.
    Totally wrong, when you sign up to the bay there is a check box where you agree to their t&c once you tick this box your rights are out of the window. The bay is a law to its self if you are big enough and brave enough to take it on hope you have loads of money. I hate the bay because of its pious and stupid rules and its draconian rules to its smaller sellers. Before long the bay will only have the multiples on here like your local high street. The bay does not care about the small seller, does not give a sh*t about us. Now Ebid here is a perfect opportunity to take over.

Best of luck to everyone

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stampsandcoins1 View Post
    Now Ebid here is a perfect opportunity to take over.
    Something like ?

"Here is a list of the changes to ebid's terms and conditions over the last 5 years.

There have been none!"

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like ebid it is easy to list but where are the buyers? I have items listed well below market value, maybe I should do a boot sale every Sunday!

Thread Information