Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback that I left

Default Feedback that I left

Man, I hate these iffy feedback things. Today I left a seller a positive. Based on my comments, would you have left a positive or something else?

I wrote to the seller before I purchased. She got right back to me, so I BINed and paid. That was the last correspondence that I had with her.

May 28th wrote to the seller to make sure she was around. She answers.
    May 28th BIN and PayPal payment
    Jun 2nd seller marked shipped
    Jun 28th package arrives
    Package is marked with a sent date of Jun 18th instead of Jun 2nd.

Wrote her a message yesterday (I think it was) and told her the items hadn't arrived yet, but that I wasn't complaining and I'd let her know when they arrived. She hasn't written back. Today they showed up.

What would you do?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback that I left

Bearing in mind that this Seller states "Prompt shipping - excellent customer service." in the listing; and you received nothing like that & with minimal communication to boot, I would have left a strong neutral.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Man, I hate these iffy feedback things. Today I left a seller a positive. Based on my comments, would you have left a positive or something else?

I wrote to the seller before I purchased. She got right back to me, so I BINed and paid. That was the last correspondence that I had with her.

Jun 28th package arrives

Wrote her a message yesterday (I think it was) and told her the items hadn't arrived yet, but that I wasn't complaining and I'd let her know when they arrived. She hasn't written back. Today they showed up.

What would you do?
    Without hesitation Marie, it's a Neutral.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Yes, it probably is a neutral. Thanks Cheaver and Gill. I really hate leaving neutral or negative feedback. Really bothers me.
    The feedback system will only work if it is used correctly, which means leaving the feedback a transaction deserves. In this case the service provided by the seller was below that expected. Not only was delivery slow, but they have also lied by marking the item shipped when that was not the case. Buyers need to be made aware, and sellers sometimes need a kick up the proverbial to get them to up their game.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, it probably is a neutral. Thanks Cheaver and Gill. I really hate leaving neutral or negative feedback. Really bothers me.
    Never worry about neutral or negative feedback left on eBid Marie. At least here, you can contact eBid and speak to a real person for any derogatory feedback that you feel is unwarranted left for you.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Jun 28th package arrives

What would you do?
    Leave feedback that you feel is appropriate to the transaction. Just consider yourself very lucky that you are not on "youknowwhere". If you feel that a positive is not warranted, leave neutral or neg. Should the seller decide to retaliate, contact Ebid stating your case.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Marie, it would be a dilemma for me too. You got the item, you did have some correspondence from the seller although not all replies that you wanted, the item was as described (I assume, as you didn't say), and the price and packaging were adequate to your expectations. However, the seller marked it as shipped ten days earlier than it really was.

After pondering, I think I would give the seller a neutral as everybody else says. If I were another prospective buyer, I would want to know the truth about your delivery experience. The seller definitely didn't provide speedy shipping and that could be important in many cases. Honest feedback is the coin of our realm.

To me it's the shipping time that is a big issue. If there was a reason for the delay in shipping, then a message would be appreciated. But to wait 22 days to ship, which is 16 days after they said that they did ship ...

I really like it when the seller or the buyer is a good communicator. Personally, I think that means a lot in an on-line transaction. She still hasn't responded to the message I sent the other day.

And, I do think that many buyers would have slapped her with a neg a long time ago.

It's too bad. I probably would have bought more from her.

Also, it is good that a person can change feedback here on ebid, or appeal to support to change feedback that they view as unwarranted.

I just heard from the seller and apparently USPS sent the item back to her because of their forms / labels business and she had to resend. The only thing I can really fault her on is the fact that she didn't communicate very well.

I'll leave it as a positive. It's perfectly obvious to me that she didn't make any money on this.

The postal system is a subject for me to rant about too. My experience is that Canada Post's regulations are subject to the opinion of the clerk that I happen to get. I got so frustrated with them that my listings are being closed out / revised etc. Much of what I had is being donated to charity. The profit margin is so slim that there is no point for me in doing all the work.

Thread Information