Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: eBid Error >> Your auto-decline price must be less than your auto-accept price.

Post eBid Error >> Your auto-decline price must be less than your auto-accept price.

Hi,

I tried to edit my auction that was successfully bulk uploaded with 6.99Y : A5.94 : D5.94 in column P (BuyNow price). Upon hitting the Preview button I get the following error:

Quote Originally Posted by error
    eBid Error

>> Your auto-decline price must be less than your auto-accept price.
    Name:  ebid-error-decline1.png
Views: 79
Size:  11.5 KB

This is inconsistent with what the form field labels are saying::

Quote Originally Posted by form
    Auto-accept offers greater or equal to £
    Auto-decline offers less than £
    Name:  ebid-error-decline2.png
Views: 79
Size:  6.7 KB

So according to the field labels it is ok to have the same value in both of them. Also the bulk upload passes. However, the form complains.

Thanks

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Error >> Your auto-decline price must be less than your auto-accept price.

I understand that this query is about the differences between the two systems - It may simply be due to the logic involved with whoever programmed the system

To me, there is absolutely no point in having an auto accept and and auto decline set like this. You may as well change the buy it now price.

So the logic would be "if i get an offer of over £40 I will automatically accept, if I get an offer of lower than £30 I will reject: everything in between I will think about"

If you have them both at the same cut off point, then you are not involved in the decision making.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Error >> Your auto-decline price must be less than your auto-accept price.

Yes, this has been wrong for a while. You have to make the auto decline at least 1p less than the auto accept. Which, as you say, is contrary to the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    Yes, this has been wrong for a while.
    I suppose, this is just low priority on the TODO list then. From what I have seen the devels seem to constantly improving this service. Is my impression right?

Nothing annoys me more than when I take the time to report problems and then no one does nothing about that, very discouraging. If I run a service like that I would die for testers reporting issues for free.

Quote Originally Posted by jewelsparlour View Post
    I suppose, this is just low priority on the TODO list then. From what I have seen the devels seem to constantly improving this service. Is my impression right?

Nothing annoys me more than when I take the time to report problems and then no one does nothing about that, very discouraging. If I run a service like that I would die for testers reporting issues for free.
    And especially annoying when fixing it is clearly a moment's work in one line of code.

As for the irrelevant comment "If you have them both at the same cut off point, then you are not involved in the decision making.", yeah, right, so??? Obviously that's what the seller wants to achieve, perfectly reasonable.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information