Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Sheep skin

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Does anyone know if it can be washed, it just a thin trim on something, Ta
    I wash mine ok Buttons and these are full skins... they go in the washer on a low temp wash. When dry I then comb them with a heavy duty wired dog brush & then they are soooo silky!

Okay I will go and give it a dip then, as you probably guessed it a vintage dolls coat trimmed with it, so didn't want to wreck it in all I have to hope is that the dye doesn't run in the coat.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Okay I will go and give it a dip then, as you probably guessed it a vintage dolls coat trimmed with it, so didn't want to wreck it in all I have to hope is that the dye doesn't run in the coat.
    Low temp with just a bit of detergent.... gentle hand wash is what I would do. Hope the dye stays put! Let's know how you get on with it.

Turned out great Cheaver, it was a ski coat, so i did some repair work on the quilting first, then washed the whole outfit and crossed my fingers, now all i need are ski boots. will pin it as soon as so you can look at my babies.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Turned out great Cheaver, it was a ski coat, so i did some repair work on the quilting first, then washed the whole outfit and crossed my fingers, now all i need are ski boots. will pin it as soon as so you can look at my babies.

Great news! Post the link when you have it & I can have a lookie xx

£100+ ski boots? Or are they cheaper than stilettos?

Buttons, why don't you put some pictures of your dolls on this forum? You're forever telling us about your dolls - indulge us and show the end result.

I hope I have a pair of ski boots lurking some place, but they aren't too expensive.
    I know I am always prattling on about my dolls but there is a method in my madness, I am hoping it will get picked up by google and attracts some doll collectors here.
    Some of my dolls are on my pinterest page I think its at celyn crafts or something, thing is i need mike to take good pictures search for buttons-and-bows on pinterest as I don't think I can put a link on here?

you sent me the links buttons.
    Why not complement your "Google ramblings" with some pictures for all of us to enjoy.
    And I don't mind your doll chatter at all - it's lovely to see people being enthusiastic about their hobbies.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree. I also enjoy hearing about the dolls. I was not allowed a Barbie when I was little. My mother didn't approve.

Thread Information