Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ebay support are wonderful NOT!

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebay support are wonderful NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Thanks for the link; but as the total is under a tenner, I'd rather have the chance to respond to any feedback.

Case details below.

Attachment 40603
    I think if sellers who have been wronged by eBay DID report such issues to the HM Courts money claim site regardless of the amount involved, it would certainly raise some suspicious as to WHY so many sellers are having to file claims to get money back or get an item back because eBay are stupid enough to refund buyers and allow them to keep the item even when buyers claim the item was wrong one, not what they thought, blah, blah, blah. Just a big scam with buyers making false claims and the HM Courts will pick up on that really quickly and will no doubt investigate eBay's irresponsible policies and issue changes. Shame more sellers do not stand up for themselves more frequently when it comes to eBay, sellers seem to just bend over and take it rather than stand up and report such problems to government departments that CAN investigate these things and make sure sellers are not ripped off by eBay with their ludicrous polices of refunding buyers and letting them keep the items at the same time! I bet if more sellers did get off their rear ends an complain to HM Courts, there'd be thousands of cases per year of sellers trying to get back items that have not been returned after refunds given and HM Courts would be in a position to investigate and bring eBay down a few pegs which is needed anyway.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    this is the upteenth time you have posted about your woes on feebay yet you still keep going back for more "long may we prosper" we might if people like you gave all your effort here
    People like me?

Like thousands of others I complain about their policies; and every time I and others do it shines a light on them.

Also like many others it is only one of the sites I use; and then only on free listing days.

At one time I had over 400 listings on ebid, but the RM price hike put that into disarray and I closed the lot.
    I am only now building them up again as I readjust to the new reality.

The quote "long may we prosper" is a pointer to the fact I and others will not let the the likes of RM or thiefbay grind us down.

I found an alternative shipper in 'My Hermes' & my main alternative to scam city is ebid.

So yes long may we prosper.

My post is not a whinge but a swipe at ebay and their policies.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    I think if sellers who have been wronged by eBay DID report such issues to the HM Courts money claim site ...
    I don't think it is an investigative body in any respect, so even if they did notice a trend in the complaints coming in they would have no cause to do anything about it or report it onward to a body that could/would.

The site is for those wanting to pursue legal action and not for trying to raise awareness of an issue.

Sadly, justice belongs to those that can afford it. Such cases should be handled as simple theft. The police should treat it no differently than if the person came into your house and took your property. Actually...they maybe do, as they aren't interested in that either.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=Pink_Panther;1543666]People like me?

Like thousands of others I complain about their policies; and every time I and others do it shines a light on them.

Also like many others it is only one of the sites I use; and then only on free listing days.

At one time I had over 400 listings on ebid, but the RM price hike put that into disarray and I closed the lot.

The quote "long may we prosper" is a pointer to the fact I and others will not let the the likes of RM or thiefbay grind us down.

I found an alternative shipper in 'My Hermes' & my main alternative to scam city is ebid.

=====================================

good morning Pink...you do not want to shine a light on them....that really implies they might be ok...they are not ok ...you know it , but there is still that little bit of hope in you that they will change ???....sorry Pink....no way well they change.....as for saying you only post on free listing days....it is not the listing fees that are bothering you really...it is the cost of losing your item and postage to some bad buyer...
    so , just leave them alone...you will feel better in the long run................ papa.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=papagran40;1543669]
    People like me?

=====================================

good morning Pink...you do not want to shine a light on them....that really implies they might be ok...they are not ok ...you know it , but there is still that little bit of hope in you that they will change ???....sorry Pink....no way well they change.....as for saying you only post on free listing days....it is not the listing fees that are bothering you really...it is the cost of losing your item and postage to some bad buyer...
    so , just leave them alone...you will feel better in the long run................ papa.

Just the opposite!

It implies that it the bay is a site that offers scammers a wealth of opportunity and isn't a safe place for sellers to list.

People who read this 'ebid' thread may have all the more reason to check us out.
    Bad publicity for the bay and good for a decent alternative site like ebid.

Scammers aint welcome here.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are scammers on ALL sites and they even try on sellers own website.

I notice that the OP has not stated all the facts about the alleged scam so it's difficult to know what really happened.

Also under UK law it is often the sellers responsibly to collect or arrange the collection of goods rejected by the buyer. As I do not know the facts of this case I cannot really know if this should have been done in this instant.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Pink; I really feel for you, I know exactly what you mean. The overall fault lies with ebay CS. With a little bit more common sense they could be a whole lot more proactive.
    I am in almost constant battle with the "part refund" brigade.
    I have an overseas customer at the moment who bought a spares or repair watch and now he wants me to contribute to its repair costs?
    Its a crying shame there is no common site where we can all post our blackball lists and blanket ban these (in ebays opinion) "Valued buyers."

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    There are scammers on ALL sites and they even try on sellers own website.

I notice that the OP has not stated all the facts about the alleged scam so it's difficult to know what really happened.

Also under UK law it is often the sellers responsibly to collect or arrange the collection of goods rejected by the buyer. As I do not know the facts of this case I cannot really know if this should have been done in this instant.
    The facts are;
    Buyer oped a dispute for an item as "Not as Described".

Ebay found that I was not at fault.
    So far so good.
    Buyer escalates to support who refunded "frozen" pay pal monies.

The item was never returned; indeed the buyer was not even requested to return the item before refund!

Those are the facts!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought of something along the lines of

" Wonderful transaction, buyer gets full refund and gets to keep item!Only on ebay!"
    Good one! Left eBay in 2000 and haven't looked back, best decision I ever made. Sorry you got screwed by the eMonster.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

It looks like this is new Bay policy.

A post has just appeared on the Delcampe forums about a similar case, which has been reported on Stampboards.com

As far as I am aware it is not a commercial site, so here is the link: http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic...39613#p3439613

Thread Information